Dan Tinman

Shocked!

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So I made my semi-annual trip to my lead supplier in Pennsylvania today.  As is my custom I stopped at Cabela's in Hamburg on the way home.  Walked in and stopped dead in my tracks.  It looked like the store had been stripped by a rioting mob.  In the fishing department there were almost no rods on display, lots of empty spaces in the shelves and very few people browsing.  Went to the gun department and it was even worse.  The gun racks behind the counters were 3/4 empty, and 80% of the ammo shelves were empty of every caliber imaginable.  The usual display of used long guns wasn't even there.  Just a big empty space on the sales floor.  There were absolutely no air guns of any type on display.  Even the re-loading supplies were stripped of inventory.  The looks on the faces of the sales people was like despair.  I'm sure they're wondering how long this will last and their jobs with it too.

I had heard and also read here on SOL that there was a lot of gun sales in the last few months but it really hit home with me today.  The only conclusion I can come up with is that a lot of people are getting ready for whatever may come.  My feeling is "good for them".  I also think that if the crazies that are starting trouble now go too far they may be in for a very unpleasant surprise.  Nobody ever told them karma can be a bitch.

Edited by Dan Tinman

12 mins ago, Dan Tinman said:

I also think that if the crazies that are starting trouble now go too far they may be in for a very unpleasant surprise.  Nobody ever told them karma can be a bitch.

^

A bunch of people are going to get hurt.

They can get away with their crap in the big cities thanks to their Democrat enablers.

Let them come out to the burbs.

They'll be in for a rude awakening.

Ammo is scarce everywhere, reloading got hammered by the virus and the rioting. New gun sales are even higher then under Obama. There are a lot of new gun owners and previous gun owners are now armed to the teeth. Armor plates are triple lead times, plate carriers are back ordered big time. Even a lot of bag pouches are hard to get right now. Locked and loaded is an understatement outside of the cities.

I hope they stay in the cities. I don't want to see people get hurt. Worse, I don't want to see someones husband/father getting put in jail until they can clear his name. Plus, he has to live with killing someone the rest of his life, and I am sure there will be nightmares of people coming into his house for a long time. The kids will be scarred. The media will make a villain out of the good guys and call for more gun laws and talk about how good of a person the perp was. No one needs to live through the nightmare that will come with these idiots coming into the suburbs and the country.

3 mins ago, ihocky2 said:

No one needs to live through the nightmare that will come with these idiots coming into the suburbs and the country.

I have a sneaking suspicion you dont have to worry about that.

1 min ago, 55555s said:

I have a sneaking suspicion you dont have to worry about that.

The one thing I learned a long time ago is not to broadcast what you have. But we can leave it at, I'm not worried; even with the current shortage.

The 2a radicals have spent a lot of time talking about government tyranny 

yet they seem ok with it

so long as it’s the right flavor  

the real issue seems to be a yearning for a race war. 

My wife wants me to get her a shotgun. Something smaller than what I have already. I'll be shopping this week but expect it will take over a month to actually get my hands on one. 

I own a small seasonal  kayak and paddle board shop in seaside park. I can’t get anything.  My rental biz is keeping me afloat, but I’m turning away  sales 10 times/day. 

can you guess which pic is from early summer and which is from today? 

96EEB4F0-E27A-43A1-A374-34B86E1A186C.jpeg

88C9658C-B285-4F4C-9A5F-F3A4EAF9B5BE.jpeg

11 mins ago, J said:

My wife wants me to get her a shotgun. Something smaller than what I have already. I'll be shopping this week but expect it will take over a month to actually get my hands on one. 

Mossburg Maverick 88 if you can find one.  Cheap, reliable, perfect for home defense.  

20 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

The 2a radicals have spent a lot of time talking about government tyranny 

yet they seem ok with it

so long as it’s the right flavor  

You lie and project so much.

19 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

You got it wrong...……...again.

The yearning is to prevent a race war.