JayBLI

Lamiglas GSB 1081L or ODM

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Hi guys new to site. Was in the market for a new setup and was bout to pull the trigger on the lami gsb 1081L when the salesman told me to hold off and try the ODM 9fter. Any advice I’d appreciate it. Ty

Iv fished a 1081L for years, it's a perfect rod for light bucktails, plastic swimmers, small shads and works smaller pencils with excellence. Keep the butt section shorter aroound 24"

was also thinking about getting a lighter action surf rod for the fall. do you guys think the 1081L would match up well with a vs200 or is a vs150 better. thanks 

I've got the 1081L with a slammer 4500 and it's the perfect size and balance. VS150 is perfect as well. I know nothing about the ODM, but the GSB is old school graphite design, and slow to moderate action, which I prefer. Great 1~3oz rod, and awesome backbone when you need it.

I have an ODM evolution 9ft 1pc and I can say that the rod is a pleasure to fish.  Its rated for 1/2 oz to 4 oz and casts very well through the range ... sweet spot is probably 1.5 to 2.5 .  I never owned a 1081L so i cant say which is better .. all i can say is that the ODM is a great rod. 

No .. i think the evolution will cast like a fast action rod but when you have to fight a decent fish it has a tremendous amount of power.  My rods (i also have an 11 footer) were built over last winter.  I don't have anything too big on them yet (couple of large bluefish and some mid -teens bass at montauk and south shore beaches ) but what I have had was handled with ease.  

21 hours ago, Goudacuda said:

was also thinking about getting a lighter action surf rod for the fall. do you guys think the 1081L would match up well with a vs200 or is a vs150 better. thanks 

Go with the 150 for that size rod.

Posted (edited) · Report post

l made GSB108L surf rod 15 years ago and it pairs up with my VS150 perfectly for surfcasting plugs tins and bucktails great outfit.

Edited by LB