Albieaddict

Lake Atlantic Yesterday

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

These conditions don't happen often, but when tide + bait + sun + swell all line up, it looks a lot like this...

30-40"+ class fish pictured here. Cell phone camera and shot through sunglasses, so apologies for quality. Every spot you can see is a fish, no rocks or seaweed in sight.

FlatsBass.jpg

1 min ago, HillTop said:

Nice. Put any of them on the rod?

One unbelievable shot where a pack of XL fish had broken off and were chasing pogies into the beach was eaten. But that's where the fun stopped. :)

Last time I saw fish like that was 20yrs ago on Monomoy.  Caught a bunch of 36 + in fish on the fly,oh those were the days.  NO SEALS then.

8 hours ago, Peter Patricelli said:

My bet is that is CCB.........and that is high tide.

Could be . But Albieaddict has moved house a few years back. Even if he spilled the beans those fish should be safe as they have fins and will be long gone.

mikey

Posted (edited)

I know of two places this is going on right now neither of which I have access to easily.  Hoping the advice I gave my friends pays off and they connect with big bass in the dark tonight.  Thanks for sharing the picture and I hope you have a new one of a new PB bass on the fly!  Good luck connecting

Edited by The Graveyard Shift

27 mins ago, Albieaddict said:

I love the speculation. North of CCB! We found them again today and fed at least 25. Unfortunately none in this XL class....

Awesome keep up the hunt hope you make that XL connection!  I need to get out again around my local area.  Fish are thin but a 43", 46", and 37" fish all to hand by different surfcasters I know in last 8 days.  Not going to catch them from home is all I know for sure.  I dont have personal time bandwidth to go chase the big schools way up North or Southern Island. So gonna keep grinding it out close to home and pray to the big fish gods.