Jammin81

Breezy point / fishing permits / past permits

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Hello and hope you are all staying safe. After 3+ months of f-d up symptoms I’m slowly starting to get out more and get some strength back in me from this messed up virus. 

Looking for some advice on anyone who has experience fishing breezy point in NY? They are NOT selling permits and I was not in the country last year. Looking for some advice on where to fish near that area (legally and happily!) 

Better still someone who has a friend or relative who owned last years permit or simply doesn’t use it anymore . 

I am not looking to p!$$ off locals or start a flame war here just an honest conversations on what I can get away with currently given the current climate. Tickets, drama and debates are what I’m staying WELL clear of and to weak and unhappy to stay at home with the resentful wife.   :(

Permits are not on sale and probably won’t be for the remainder of this year. After been bed ridden for  April / May / June I wasn’t really looking to waste much more of my life and dwell on this crap. 

Caumsette permits ran out in a DAY this year so there goes that option also! 

Anyone have any idea on where to park / fish there? Or better yet and old permit or sticker they are not using ? I can purchase for half price or a reasonable dollar amount.......

stay safe and peeeeeace

They are issuing tix to cars .There has been a lot of people parking without permits .  i think u can fish floyd bennet in the daytime . all along beach channel drive the beaches and bays in far rockaway 

17 hours ago, plugger said:

Are the lots closed, are they issuing tickets for those without the stickers ?  ( I do know the main bldg. is closed )

Hello and when I went there a few days ago they said they were checking and issuing tickets. 

I even called the center and they are not issuing permits and likely not issuing them till next year. 

16 hours ago, breezybass said:

They are issuing tix to cars .There has been a lot of people parking without permits .  i think u can fish floyd bennet in the daytime . all along beach channel drive the beaches and bays in far rockaway 

Thanks and looking now! There is a good spot not far from queens there I know but parking is usually a head ache. 

You have to love NY. Trying to get out in nature Seems to earn you more tickets and lands you in more trouble.......

Why don’t you try the beach side there is parking in far rock 24/7 during week. Go to shorefront  parkway maybe 98th street. Some nice blues off the beach. 

4 hours ago, bananaboat said:

Why don’t you try the beach side there is parking in far rock 24/7 during week. Go to shorefront  parkway maybe 98th street. Some nice blues off the beach. 

I wasn’t far from there yesterday actually. I went off the beach and threw out a few casts from the kite boarding park there. Didn’t catch anything but it is a good spot generally. 

thanks also!

1 hour ago, breezybass said:

Go further down to the lower beach streets there is more parking

I used to live on beach 9 and Meehan ! 

How far down ? I haven’t been in this area for over a decade..... 

stay safe also and thanks 

Keep heading East during the week lots of beach parking available. Walk away from people and cast. Go early before let’s say 7ish and you can enter most beaches and fish. Just get out one morning around 530 head East look at Long Beach and start heading further East if you like. Lots of ocean to cast into. Good luck and feel better. The more you move the stronger you will get.GL. 

39 mins ago, hydraman said:

Keep heading East during the week lots of beach parking available. Walk away from people and cast. Go early before let’s say 7ish and you can enter most beaches and fish. Just get out one morning around 530 head East look at Long Beach and start heading further East if you like. Lots of ocean to cast into. Good luck and feel better. The more you move the stronger you will get.GL. 

Yeah - I love Robert Moses and those beaches and had the parking permit a few years ago. Right now I hardly have the strength to get round the block on certain days ..... so local is best. 

I’m praying for a recovery before September so I can hit the fall run in Montauk or East points. 

Given the time frame so far, totally nervous, but still optimistic!