fishfinder401

Narrow flush mount rod holders

7 posts in this topic

So, I am hoping to install an extra flushmount rod holder or 2 on my oldtown predator pdl forward of the seats. The only reasonable area to do so is about 2-2.25 wide.

Does anyone know of a narrower than normal flushmount that could fit there? Or is it jist too small of an area?

Check out feel free kayak rod holders, viking or Ocean Kayak they all make smaller sized ones and only ones I use as they hold small diameter rods better then  the large ones.....Jack

The flanges on most flushmounts exceed 2.25 in, the Viking flange is 59mm wide. If you went the Scotty route, the rectangular base is the narrowest at 2”.

I probably wouldnt go for a scotty tyoe mount. I already have some like that mounted on it and while they are great for some things, I do prefer the whole holder being flush mounted to keep the kayak a little more clear

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Viking and Feelfree flushmounts may only orient rods towards the stem or stern ( not the best for trolling) in that 2” space. 

Edited by cheech

FF401;

Flush mounts need some room for the tube,  What ever you wind up with,  be xtra sure there's no hidden surprises in your way under the deck 

Stick your phone under there & snap a pic of the area your gonna mount the holder in..

it would definitely suck cutting your hole & finding  something is in your way ...