Caught anything today?

Rate this topic

Great morning on the SS, in the rain.  Bait exploding everywhere and after a few cocktails, got my first Weakfish!  I must have had one prior to the one I landed as the fight and size felt similar...figured it was a Blue and when I got a peak I was pumped.  I'm on a good steak right now with blues, fluke, and Weakys.  No bass but that's ok, hoping we get a solid Fall run.

Decent late-spring weakfish bite in Great South Bay this year.  More boats in the usual places than I've seen in years.

Edited by CWitek

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

Woke up really early and grabbed 2 Pepsi with breakfast. Took a few Tri-Fin Whiptails with my light setup.

I was casting and saw snapper blues following it. I removed the tail on the whiptail and put a fin-s as my friend said. I made a few cast and then finally a bump. Then another bump. Finally a 14" schoolie bass(released) on the fin-s with a tri-fin head reeling in slowly. I got more hits but I think they must be snapper blues as the fin-s was coming back with teeth marks. I switched back to the tri-fin whiptail but reeling in faster to see if anything else was in the area. BAM! I hooked into a 17" cocktail blue and took it home. I was casting until the rain came and then I left. On the way back, I saw someone hooked into a nice fish and was asking for help.:eek: So I helped, it turned out to be a cownose ray.:box: What a fight!

Making the world safe for bait, one bluefish at a time!

11 hours ago, Bluefishmaster said:

Woke up really early and grabbed 2 Pepsi with breakfast. Took a few Tri-Fin Whiptails with my light setup.

I was casting and saw snapper blues following it. I removed the tail on the whiptail and put a fin-s as my friend said. I made a few cast and then finally a bump. Then another bump. Finally a 14" schoolie bass(released) on the fin-s with a tri-fin head reeling in slowly. I got more hits but I think they must be snapper blues as the fin-s was coming back with teeth marks. I switched back to the tri-fin whiptail but reeling in faster to see if anything else was in the area. BAM! I hooked into a 17" cocktail blue and took it home. I was casting until the rain came and then I left. On the way back, I saw someone hooked into a nice fish and was asking for help.:eek: So I helped, it turned out to be a cownose ray.:box: What a fight!

Serious question, what’s your deal with Pepsi?