Bluefishmaster

Caught anything today?

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FlukUlele said:

Went out today with a fly rod. Only blitz I saw was speeding tickets on the MSP.  

What are you taking the macks on, tins?  Trying tomorrow again. With Pepsi for all the SOLers I never meet :wee:

All on epoxy jigs for me. Hogy had a big sale on them in the off-season and I stocked up.

Edited by C.Robin

On 8/1/2020 at 5:27 PM, C.Robin said:

All on epoxy jigs for me. Hogy had a big sale on them in the off-season and I stocked up.

Edited by GarbageFish

1 hour ago, GarbageFish said:

Are you standing on rocks or sand when catching them.... if you catch my drift 

While I've heard reports of them from the beaches, most of mine have been at or near inlets. I even got a couple in a back bay the other day, I've never seen them that far inland before.

Yall already said too much...

shoulder to shoulder with 50 dudes all week... should be 100 next week from these cute little euphemisms about rocks and sand .

Thank goodness a storm is coming to sh*t all over the water and drive buckets and bozos back to their couches

Finally got my boat back. Couple on the fly ,  Chunked a short , keeper at 31 inches (released) and a good fish that I could not stop that broke me off in some structure, Only chunked for an hour, so not too bad. NS area 

4FD9CD32-5972-4DB6-8B41-F50A68D78436.jpeg

41EC91D4-F44B-4470-9634-728CB8EFA93F.jpeg

7FA20DF8-32D7-48B3-BD7D-490E84BCF27C.jpeg

Woke up very early yesterday and grabbed 2 Pepsi and breakfast for me. Took my new surf setup with a 704 greenie. Got to my spot and found many people there! I left and went elsewhere to cast my krocodile. 

Moments late I thought I hooked into a bass but it was pulling strangely. When it came closer, it was a 26" Weakfish(released). When I grabbed the line and was removing the hook, I found a bucktail and teaser for fluking snagged on its back. I removed the fluke rig and released the fish. I left after no more hits and people around me were not catching. No bass or blue...:eek:

Edited by Bluefishmaster

7 hours ago, Questt said:

How do you usually fish your epoxy jigs?

While I play around with different retrieve speeds, I generally just do a straight, fast retrieve. If there are signs of albies around, I let it skip on the surface. Spanish mackerel I retrieve very quickly, but still keep the jig subsurface. 

1 hour ago, C.Robin said:

While I play around with different retrieve speeds, I generally just do a straight, fast retrieve. If there are signs of albies around, I let it skip on the surface. Spanish mackerel I retrieve very quickly, but still keep the jig subsurface. 

never caught an Albie.

But plenty of macs caught. As said above, macs would hit if its just below the water surface. 

Also, let the jig drops for a few seconds and retrieve at different speeds when the jig hits the water.

Edited by JillJillu

7 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Appreciate the tip brother