Bluefishmaster

Caught anything today?

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Went with a Pepsi and grabbed my fluking stuff. I got there and found someone catching fluke! I threw my own fluke rig. I was catching short flukes then this dude started casting and crossing my line. :eek: When he left his line in the water for a cigarette break while checking out the young men, I cut his line and took his rig with 4 gulps. I did told the dude to cast away from me but he will not listen. I left the spot and continue to fish. Anyway, I caught 1 keeper size 23.4" fluke, 3 Spanish Mackerel, 2 cocktail blues, and lots of sea robin(released). I almost got a weakfish but it came off when that dude's line got tangled with mine. :soapbox:

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, Bluefishmaster said:

I was catching short flukes then this dude started casting and crossing my line.

I always have this issue at the inlets, guys casting rigs that wouldn't even hold bottom in a lake and get mad when their line crosses mine 50 yards downstream.

Edited by GarbageFish

The dude is not Asian and but European, and spoke prefect American English. He was casting and tangling with my line because it appeared he wanted to catch my fish as I was getting hits and he was not. He was trying to get for free or buy my short flukes but I refused.

I just came back from a quick trip. Went with 2 Pepsi and grabbed my other fluking stuff that I wanted to test while the kid was cleaning fish. This trip produced a 20.1" keeper fluke(released) and a few short flukes. I also caught 2 sea robins and a stargazer. I saw an old friend from SOL who gave me smiles from a distance.

5 hours ago, Bluefishmaster said:

When he left his line in the water for a cigarette break while checking out the young men, I cut his line and took his rig with 4 gulps.

I'm probably the least ethical dude on this board and I understand the frustration, it happens to me all of the time.

That being said, I'm not even sure why you mentioned this story on here, maybe to boost your ego or puff up your chest, cutting somebody's line and stealing their rig, really guy? - double bad karma whammy for you my friend.

Not to mention, with the pandemic there is a lot of tension and frustration and built up anger in people.... jettys and beaches are packed, shoulder to shoulder,   you cut the wrong dude's line... you'll be eating them cans of Pepsi you keep talking about.

Went fishing today brought a few Budweiser’s and coke. Didn’t catch anything but I picked up some balloons wrappers and Pepsi cans. 

18 hours ago, Bluefishmaster said:

I cut his line and took his rig with 4 gulps.

I meant I cut his line and took his rig with 4 gulps off. He cast his rig out then left it. It tangled my line so I had to cut his line off. I gave back his rig. I left the spot and continue to fish.

LOL:laugh: I like to drink Pepsi.

Went out with 4 Pepsi and breakfast for 2. We grabbed our fluking stuff and tried my friend's spot. We found snapper blue and spearing everywhere. I tried my new fluke rig and caught a 11" sundial(released). The snapper blues were biting that I hooked/snagged a few. My friend hooked a nice 21" weakfish(released). I hooked into a 22.6" fluke and 5 short fluke(released). He caught no keeper fluke so I gave him mine. We had fun!

Went out today with no Pepsi, just a bottle of water.  Got soaked in the rain and booked it when then thunder came.  Nothing doing.  4 skunks in a row.

Bringing Pepsi tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Bluefishmaster said:

I hooked into a 22.6" fluke

Very precise :howdy:

Just a small bluefish today in LIS, or it would have been 3 skunks in a row. Many kayak miles this morning and I saw almost no bunker. Didn’t even get a micro bass or Sea robin! It’s the worse I’ve ever seen it. Water temp of 78 is over a month ahead of years past. Can’t wait for Sept.

9 hours ago, cheech said:

Just a small bluefish today in LIS, or it would have been 3 skunks in a row. Many kayak miles this morning and I saw almost no bunker. Didn’t even get a micro bass or Sea robin! It’s the worse I’ve ever seen it. Water temp of 78 is over a month ahead of years past. Can’t wait for Sept.

Experienced similar in western LIS. Think I am putting kayak on hold for few weeks

Went out with 2 Pepsi and a snack. I grabbed my fluking stuff and tried my favorite spot but moved to another spot. I found no surface activity except for spearing. I tried my fluke rigs and caught a small fluke(released). No more fluke action so I tried my lures, then I hooked into a 16" cocktail blue(released) but missed a few hits. The water is very warm. Bumped into a fellow SOL member and we chatted. He was catching short fluke for a few days and is still trying to catch a keeper. I gave him some tips. I noticed lots of garbage left by people so I filled up two plastic bags and threw them into the trash can.

The key to catching fish for me right now is keep moving and don't stay in one spot. Always carry just enough tackle and try to stay light. Fishing the early morning or late evening is best with the heat.

Bumped into a fellow SOL member and we chatted

Went out with 2 Pepsi

Never know when you will bump into an SOL member out in the field... always bring 2 PEPSI just in case :howdy:

I noticed lots of garbage left by people so I filled up two plastic bags and threw them into the trash can.

Thanks for that. Theres a load of garbage and plastic all over the friggin place now.

People are pigs. Cant wait for the rona vacation to end.

7 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

Thanks for that. Theres a load of garbage and plastic all over the friggin place now.

People are pigs. Cant wait for the rona vacation to end.

I don’t remember ever seeing some much trash. When I take the family to Gilgo a couple times a week we always pick a bag of garbage balloons and all kinds of crap. My daughter always asking me what those plastic containers are. tampon containers. I just say it’s garbage people throw you will understand one day. It’s the way people acting these days like nothing matters that gets me.