Bluefishmaster

Caught anything today?

Rate this topic

316 posts in this topic

30 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

Said the spot 2 times in a post...

everyone else... how fkn crowded was it this morning.

Ugh sorry I'm new. I tried to edit

Just now, LuPork said:

Ugh sorry I'm new. I tried to edit

Just some advice, while this thread kinda promotes spot burning, keep specifics out of your reports and keep them brief. "A few blues out on the western south shore" is enough. And if you ate that blue, I have no issue with how you handled it, but if you released it, it is likely crab food right now. Bring some pliers, get the hooks out quickly,  and throw it back. I'd understand wanting a (quick) picture if it's a monster, but a 16-17" blue is far from out of the ordinary. That all being said, nice catch and I am glad you had a nice day out there!

We haven’t had a reports thread in the Long Island forum for a reason all these years. This year people have posted some. I don’t care for reports never did. If people can’t keep mouth shut about spots this should be a done deal.

Got up at 3am to drive East, found about 50 other albie enthusiasts with the same idea. Lost about 2lbs of jigs casting into the wind..

Only 2 blues and about 40 big shad to show for it. 

Hasta mañana. Stay thirsty (and away from my spots) my friends. 

15 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

Got up at 3am to drive East, found about 50 other albie enthusiasts with the same idea. Lost about 2lbs of jigs casting into the wind..

Only 2 blues and about 40 big shad to show for it. 

Hasta mañana. Stay thirsty (and away from my spots) my friends. 

How was water? Chocolate milk?

20 hours ago, hydraman said:

We haven’t had a reports thread in the Long Island forum for a reason all these years. This year people have posted some. I don’t care for reports never did. If people can’t keep mouth shut about spots this should be a done deal.

So then stay out of them. They are reports threads, they are threads for people to whine about reports. Whining about reports in a reports thread is off topic and doesn't belong. If people want to have a reports thread they have my blessing. There are spot burning rules in place, if someone posts an overly specific location, report the post - don't quote it and whine about it, that just brings more attention to it - report it. Email me. PM me. But keep the whining about it out of the reports thread.

Nobody is forcing anyone to read any thread - but just like every forum here, folks are allowed to discuss whatever they want provided it doesn't violate the rules. Reports don't violate the rules provided that they are not overly specific in their location. There are entire groups on FB,  Twitter, every magazine, every tackle shop that are dedicated to burning spots, go there and whine about spot burning, we have people here that work very hard to keep it to a minimum. This site isn't the reason there's people at your spot :wave:

TimS

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Hempstead Lake jetty?

Epic bucktail though.......

Yea there were carp and pickerel blitzing everywhere. The H lake Jetty is one of the best! 

Woke up early and grabbed 2 Pepsi, 6 water bottles, and breakfast for 7. Took the kids with their surf setup this morning. We got there and found garbage like a landfill! We cleaned up before fishing and it took a toll on us. I was casting my favorite lure and FISH ON - a 30" bass(released) with a tag! The youngest kid hooked into a nice 32" bass(released) and he kissed it. The other kids hooked into schoolies bass(released) and 4 sea robins. We left with 4 sea robins. No bluefish...:headscratch:

4 hours ago, mnedbalsky said:

Nope.  Got to open SS before sunrise.  Nothing.  Headed back at noon for an hour.  Nothing.  

I have experienced the same. I was hoping for better then my recent NS results, but just as bad  

Tried for fluke from shore at a Western LIS spot 10 mins from my home on closing day.

Ended with one fluke 18.5 inches. Close but no cigar. Missed 3 other fish. Bite detection was tough with the wind. Confirmed they were fluke by the teeth marks on my plastic. 

This spot is normally infested with robins, but during early fall there's been a lot less robins and more fluke. Interesting... Anyways, wasn't expecting much. My keeper to short ratio is 1:30 at this area and the frequent fliers at this spot say the same. Still fun to bend the rod while my sonar unit is in for warranty.