Bluefishmaster

Caught anything today?

Rate this topic

316 posts in this topic

Been Killing them on this color, water up here North Shore is more turbid so again this color has done well at sunrise.

Also have been doing well on wonder bread using mag darters and hyro minnows if the bit continues into the day light

1 oz Floater

SuperStrike.PNG

Edited by fishinthedark

On 9/16/2020 at 7:16 PM, fishinthedark said:

Been Killing them on this color, water up here North Shore is more turbid so again this color has done well at sunrise.

Also have been doing well on wonder bread using mag darters and hyro minnows if the bit continues into the day light

1 oz Floater

SuperStrike.PNG

I generally dislike chartreuse but have been killing them on a small jersey killer color spook. Yesterday it was fish every other cast and other lures / colors you had to work for the fish. 

Cant catch anything for **** hahahah. Worked 3 diff spots (none ocean) all morning and nothing. Wind at my back, overcast, and no fish. Highlight of the day was some snappers blitzing on tiny bait near a pier, super sporadic though.

Caught a pretty nice blue this evening on ss. Gave a good fight. Wind was offshore and waves were calm, tide was about 2.5 hours until high. Had this guy on the second cast with a swimbait. This blue coughed up what looked like a 7" blue colored mackerel or something. It had smooth slippery skin like a bluefish. The head was severed so he must have eaten it in two parts. I put the body on a larger hook and hooked up on the largest fish I've ever hooked from shore. It broke off after about 15 seconds (25lb braid ugh) but man was it big. It felt super heavy but didn't pull line like a blue or striper. Maybe a huge stingray? Then just before sunset I caught a small sea robin and another smaller bluefish. Sea robin on the mackerel head and the second smaller blue on a 7" sinking SP Minnow. 8 inch sand eel lure had a nibble and the same swimbait as the first blue got bit in half to end the day. Was a fun day

IMG_20200918_175618.jpg

On 9/18/2020 at 10:20 PM, LuPork said:

Caught a pretty nice blue this evening at *. Gave a good fight. Wind was offshore and waves were calm, tide was about 2.5 hours until high. Had this guy on the second cast with a swimbait. This blue coughed up what looked like a 7" blue colored mackerel or something. It had smooth slippery skin like a bluefish. The head was severed so he must have eaten it in two parts. I put the body on a larger hook and hooked up on the largest fish I've ever hooked from shore. It broke off after about 15 seconds (25lb braid ugh) but man was it big. It felt super heavy but didn't pull line like a blue or striper. Maybe a huge stingray? Then just before sunset I caught a small sea robin and another smaller bluefish. Sea robin on the mackerel head and the second smaller blue on a 7" sinking SP Minnow. 8 inch sand eel lure had a nibble and the same swimbait as the first blue got bit in half to end the day. Was a fun day 

IMG_20200918_175618.jpg

Nice pic.

North shore is loaded with small baitfish. Small stripers and cocktail bluefish are on top of them. A 1/2 ounce kastmaster on a 7 foot freshwater outfit is doing the trick for me. 

14 hours ago, LuPork said:Jones. Jones. 

Said the spot 2 times in a post...

everyone else... how fkn crowded was it this morning.

31 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

Said the spot 2 times in a post...

everyone else... how fkn crowded was it this morning.

Pretty large crowd for small bluefish. 

Edited by C.Robin