Bluefishmaster

Caught anything today?

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Woke up early and grabbed 3 Pepsi, 3 homemade milkshakes, and breakfast for 3. Took the kids with their light surf fluke setup this morning. We got there and found fluke! I set them up with my own special fluke rig. I was casting my favorite lure and them my fluke rig. Wow, this heat came fast!!! :eek: They caught a few short fluke, some sea robin(released the females) and a few snapper/ cocktail blues. We left with 3 keeper fluke and 5 sea robin. I caught a 21" bluefish (released). No bass...:headscratch:

At low tide i’ve seen some bigger ones cruising when the water is clear. Havent been able to hook up tried floating flees, flies, gulp etc was almost convinced maybe the big ones were black drum 

Same here... have observed schoolies cruising right on the beach lip at low tide, not feeding...just cruising back and forth in ankle deep water and often they flash on their side showing the white of their belly.

Back and forth almost flaunting in your face.

10 hours ago, Bluefishmaster said:

Woke up early and grabbed 3 Pepsi, 3 homemade milkshakes, and breakfast for 3. Took the kids with their light surf fluke setup this morning. We got there and found fluke! I set them up with my own special fluke rig. I was casting my favorite lure and them my fluke rig. Wow, this heat came fast!!! :eek: They caught a few short fluke, some sea robin(released the females) and a few snapper/ cocktail blues. We left with 3 keeper fluke and 5 sea robin. I caught a 21" bluefish (released). No bass...:headscratch:

3 keeper fluke from shore? NY? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Weakfish were hungry today. I kept this 18" for the grill. There's a nice chardonnay waiting anxiously to pair with it this evening. Hehe :laugh::laugh:

LB WEAKFISH JULY 21.JPG

Edited by Rough

LIS is porgy heaven, a couple of weakfish were also being caught from the dock where I launch. Chasing bass, bunker and blues early today on the yak, nada. A few top water missed strikes were the highlight of the morning.

3 hours ago, Rough said:

Weakfish were hungry today. I kept this 18" for the grill. There's a nice chardonnay waiting anxiously to pair with it this evening. Hehe :laugh::laugh:

LB WEAKFISH JULY 21.JPG

Good eats. I prefer a cold jug of GSB Massive brew to wash down but I'm not sophisticated. 

Thought I'd be posting in the skunk thread, but managed my first two spanish macks of the season right before I lost my game of chicken with the thunderstorms heading my way.