Summer surf, jetty and inlet fluke: What's in your bag?

Rate this topic

jjdbike

1 min ago, boostr said:

On the Alberto Knot the twists are run in one direction, on the Crazy Alberto Knot the twists are run in both directions. I use the Alberto to keep the knot compact and so it can run through micro guides easier, and I also use it when I tie my braid to my mono backing so I don't get a significant hump when I'm spooling on my line (using less twists helps to) The Alberto Knot is plenty strong. I use this knot on my FW rigs, but I do use the Crazy Alberto in the surf... cause there are some big fish out there...

I guess I’m using the crazy knot. I never knew the name of it. I learned it 25 years ago 

24 mins ago, BobBass said:

I guess I’m using the crazy knot. I never knew the name of it. I learned it 25 years ago 

I think the majority when they say the Alberto they are referring the the Crazy. I guess it's like the Clinch Knot and the Improved Clinch Knot

Edited by boostr

On 8/12/2020 at 1:32 PM, boostr said:

On the Alberto Knot the twists are run in one direction, on the Crazy Alberto Knot the twists are run in both directions. I use the Alberto to keep the knot compact so it can run through micro guides easier, and I also use it when I tie my braid to my mono backing so I don't get a significant hump when I'm spooling on my line (using less twists helps to) The Alberto Knot is plenty strong. I use this knot on my FW rigs, but I do use the Crazy Alberto in the surf... cause there are some big fish out there...

No.  Alberto or crazy Alberto are one and the same knot with wraps going up and then back down. Albright or Albright special is the knot with wraps starting at the top and only running in one direction down towards the bottom of the loop. 

23 hours ago, autonomos said:

No.  Alberto or crazy Alberto are one and the same knot with wraps going up and then back down. Albright or Albright special is the knot with wraps starting at the top and only running in one direction down towards the bottom of the loop. 

Your right, Albright then the Crazy Alberto. Crazy Alberto/ Alberto was a heavy duty version of the Albright if i remembered correctly. I had the right Ideer just the wrong name.

• 2 weeks later...

for me, fluking has been OUT OF THIS WORLD this year! I fish 100 percent of my time in Monmouth County, and mostly out front. In tears of open beach, I haven't done too well, but im finding lots of success around jettys. There are days where ill catch 15-20 fluke on one jetty, simply walk to another jetty a hundred yards down, and do the same. A lot of small ones, but I have been weeding through them to find the bigger ones. in terms of what's in my bag, I use ducktails and gulp. I use a 3/4 Bucktail with a 4 inch grub, all white, and then ten inches above I tie a dropper loop with a 4/0 bait holder hook. I put a 4 inch swimming mullet on the baitholder hook, and jig right off the bottom. I have been doing exceptional doing that. Overall, I keep 4 rigs tied, 5 ducktails, and a plastic container in my gear up pouch on my belt, as well as my pliers, and a rag to get the smell of the gulp off your hands.