Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

Representative John Lewis

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Won't be down for breakfast ever again.

Civil Rights icon John Lewis has passed on.

17 term Congressman, CBC leader, described as a Civil Rights lion, led many nonviolent protests.

He had Cancer.

He will be missed by many.

""Lewis, who as chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) was one of the "Big Six" leaders of groups who organized the 1963 March on Washington, played many key roles in the Civil Rights Movement and its actions to end legalized racial segregation in the United States. ""

Nonviolent, wanted to end segregation.  Original 6 alongside MLK pushing for a colorblind society?  

I bet he was not a darling of the BLM.  

RIP and condolnces to his family and friends.

RIP.  A lifetime doing what he felt was right.  He helped accomplish some very big things (Civil Rights Act 1964 and 1968,  Voters Rights Act 1965 among others.)

I used to see him at Deacon Burtons in Inman Park.  He was a pretty good guy before the democrat party got a hold of him.

Hopefully he was saved. No fan here.

I take no pleasure in saying something negative about a man that just passed-but I dislike revised distorted history even more. 

Here is a good interview:

(a portion):(CNSNews.com) – In an interview with Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” former Black Panther Mason Weaver said Monday that Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), who was brutally beaten during a march from Selma to Montgomery, Ala., in 1965, was demonstrating against Democrats at the time, then he later “joined the oppressors” in “presiding over the destruction of the black community.”

Just now, Gatr522 said:

Hopefully he was saved. No fan here.

I take no pleasure in saying something negative about a man that just passed-but I dislike revised distorted history even more. 

Here is a good interview:

(a portion):(CNSNews.com) – In an interview with Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” former Black Panther Mason Weaver said Monday that Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), who was brutally beaten during a march from Selma to Montgomery, Ala., in 1965, was demonstrating against Democrats at the time, then he later “joined the oppressors” in “presiding over the destruction of the black community.”

So many of the people around King were total crooks.  Jesse Jackson (D-corrupt), Ralph David Abernathy (D corrupt),  Andrew Young (D world class corrupt).  John Lewis was no exception

I just looked up John Lewis.

His cohort from Fisk University was a guy named CT Vivian.  He was one of the few good guys around King in the early days (Hosea Williams too).  He died yesterday as well.  Wow.

15 mins ago, Little said:

So many of the people around King were total crooks.  Jesse Jackson (D-corrupt), Ralph David Abernathy (D corrupt),  Andrew Young (D world class corrupt).  John Lewis was no exception

I just looked up John Lewis.

His cohort from Fisk University was a guy named CT Vivian.  He was one of the few good guys around King in the early days (Hosea Williams too).  He died yesterday as well.  Wow.

No man is without sin-no one is perfect- but I really hate hype & revisionist history. Mentioning the truth in a mob setting could get you love & toleranced to death.

I lived through that time and I could never believe that any of these people -had anything to do with ANY democrat. They are the very definition of the racial characterization that they project upon any & every black conservative.

Again-it's ok to try and make a positive eulogy when some one dies. The saturation of civil rights icon is way over the top.

Read or post that interview. I know that you are aware-but most are not. 

46 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

Welcome back Little.

Thank you, please forward all correspondence to the "I own this forum" thread.

23 mins ago, Gatr522 said:

No man is without sin-no one is perfect- but I really hate hype & revisionist history. Mentioning the truth in a mob setting could get you love & toleranced to death.

I lived through that time and I could never believe that any of these people -had anything to do with ANY democrat. They are the very definition of the racial characterization that they project upon any & every black conservative.

Again-it's ok to try and make a positive eulogy when some one dies. The saturation of civil rights icon is way over the top.

Read or post that interview. I know that you are aware-but most are not. 

The Dems/demsocs/independants/moderates/progressives are beginning to turn their back on King.  He, in their own words, did not go far enough to bring about the real change-like the change the Soetoros discussed.

His "statues" are not safe.

3 hours ago, 55555s said:

""Lewis, who as chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) was one of the "Big Six" leaders of groups who organized the 1963 March on Washington, played many key roles in the Civil Rights Movement and its actions to end legalized racial segregation in the United States. ""

Nonviolent, wanted to end segregation.  Original 6 alongside MLK pushing for a colorblind society?  

I bet he was not a darling of the BLM.  

RIP and condolnces to his family and friends.

SNCC was an early anti-semitic hate group

4 mins ago, Little said:

The Dems/demsocs/independants/moderates/progressives are beginning to turn their back on King.  He, in their own words, did not go far enough to bring about the real change-like the change the Soetoros discussed.

His "statues" are not safe.

The progs want ALL history erased. They don't want the new recruits to know that they are doing a modified repeat.

MLK was in the wrong party also (depending on who is doing the reporting/propaganda)  You'd think that blm would embrace, at least, his one tactic that they currently use: images. MLK was already promised what he wanted and was urged not to send his people to "slaughter" for that final protest. He did it anyway to make sure that images of people being fire-hosed-attacked by police & their dogs and other images were captured & recorded.

To be square with audacity of hope soetoro you have to be vociferous about tearing down the Republic.

MLK wanted to fix & embrace our country. He wanted to defeat the democrats. 

Adios. His death doesn’t changed the way I feel about him. From what I’ve seen & heard from him the last few years , I’ve formulated a very negative opinion of him. I’m not a big fan of canonization just because someone hits the dusty. To each his own. I’m not confident he will stop voting either .