Bxbandit

Wtb right handed noob friendly onventiona reel for chunking and heavy lures

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I got a few high end conventional rods that I have never seen the water. Tbh I have never even tried using any before. Because I have heard it's alot harder to use. But last night I met an old timer at FINS who suggested I give it a try. To say the least the guy seemed to be able to cast as far as I could , but with much better accuracy. Again this will be my first attempt at using a non spinning reel. So I'm just looking for something to get started with. That is also easy to use.

Thanks gents

Edited by Bxbandit
Revised

I have a made in Japan Omoto

Hubillie with cast control, used once. Comes with extra brakes and take down tool.

I would consider this a beginners reel. $80.00 shipped.

15949492279663407031512489661877.jpg

Penn Fathom15. with box and directions for centrifugal brakes. With the brakes on and the cast control knob set at the right tension, very controllable reel. 70.00

Penn FTH15  20200716.jpg

14 hours ago, Bxbandit said:

I got a few high end conventional rods that I have never seen the water. Tbh I have never even tried using any before. Because I have heard it's alot harder to use. But last night I met an old timer at FINS who suggested I give it a try. To say the least the guy seemed to be able to cast as far as I could , but with much better accuracy. Again this will be my first attempt at using a non spinning reel. So I'm just looking for something to get started with. That is also easy to use.

Thanks gents

Was he using mono or braid? What size rod will this be paired with? 

4 hours ago, Jcallaham said:

Penn Fathom15. with box and directions for centrifugal brakes. With the brakes on and the cast control knob set at the right tension, very controllable reel. 70.00

Penn FTH15  20200716.jpg

Dam if he passes I might be interested 

12 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

You have plenty of good options already,  i have this if interested. 

20200531_133802.jpg

20200531_133753.jpg

Model and price please. I know next to nothing about non spinning reals. On another note that drink looks pretty refreshing, is this some Jedi mind trick:howdy:. Reel looks sexy btw :beatin:.

Edited by Bxbandit
Revised

6 hours ago, Jcallaham said:

Penn FTH15  20200716.jpg

Which model fathom is this pal.I did some research and it appears that they make a couple different models of fathom 15s.

Thanks

It is a 1st generation. at least 4maybe 5 years old. been sitting around here for a long time. just never got used for fishing, mostly just cast and then back in its box.