ThrowinPlugs

Hows the Kayak fishing scene near Tom's River?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hey all, currently living on long island for the last 32 years, but will be relocating to TR by next summer. I can see its pretty close to pretty much everything I'd need fishing wise, so that's good. I'm primarily a surf fisherman but have been yak fishing for 5 years, HEAVILY the last 2. Hows the yak fishing scene down there? Hoping to meet some new people when I move who arent schmucks lol

2 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Hey all, currently living on long island for the last 32 years, but will be relocating to TR by next summer. I can see its pretty close to pretty much everything I'd need fishing wise, so that's good. I'm primarily a surf fisherman but have been yak fishing for 5 years, HEAVILY the last 2. Hows the yak fishing scene down there? Hoping to meet some new people when I move who arent schmucks lol

I don't kayak fish much. I want to add I grew up the next town over on the sweetwater side of the river, and there is pretty good trout fishing not far from the salt line- for the winter doldrums. This year, a friend of mine found a rainbow in his brackish boat slip while cast netting. This isnt what  you were asking about, but maybe you'd find this interesting, sorry! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I grew up in Manchester (next town over from TR). Been kayak fishing a lot for about 5 years in saltwater. Kayak fishing has been great to me. Pretty much fished anywhere from RB to Barnegat Inlet. I fish from March 1st to around November/December. 

Edited by Pma531

12 hours ago, Pma531 said:

I grew up in Manchester (next town over from TR). Been kayak fishing a lot for about 5 years in saltwater. Kayak fishing has been great to me. Pretty much fished anywhere from RB to Barnegat Inlet. I fish from March 1st to around November/December. 

Also from Manchester 

most of the people that kayak that area are dicks.   Thats why we call them dick sleds..   In my opinion that area is some of the best fishing in the coast. 

***** H ******!  5 yrs ago a comment like that I’d be in mod que for 6 months..

My how times have changed.....  

6 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

most of the people that kayak that area are dicks.   Thats why we call them dick sleds..   In my opinion that area is some of the best fishing in the coast. 

Don’t listen to him the best fishing is in Monmouth county

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, wasy said:

Don’t listen to him the best fishing is in Monmouth county

That is what  I said

Edited by crazybellringer

On 7/24/2020 at 11:19 AM, crazybellringer said:

Dick sleds lmao

7 mins ago, gobigblue said:

toms river isnt in monmouth county

were not talking about Toms River we are talking about the super hot fishing in sandy hook and RB. I have only fished ocean county once because it sucks there. no fish there.