Local bass club

Rate this topic

acesover

The local club I used to be in has managed to go from having a waiting list to join, to scrambling to get anyone to join. Mostly due to this type of shenanigans,,,,

Had a rather portly lady join the club. At first, everything went fine, but she slowly changed that and became rather obnoxious. Seeing as this club has a draw for partners for each tournament, one of the guys that really doesn't like this gal, stated that he will not be able to fish with her as a partner as her weight would put the allowable weight for the hull over the limit, and would void his insurance policy in case of an accident. Tournament director brought a bathroom scale to the next meeting and weighed everyone. Only 1 person would be able to fish with the guy, so the tournament director DQ'd the boater until he could produce an insurance policy that allows anyone to fish with him.

No wonder they can't get people to join.....

The weight limit was 185 lbs. Everyone but the 90 year old codger failed. I think it is a scream, they wonder why no one will join or stay in the club, instead of someone putting their foot down and saying that this boater should just be booted from the club, but they should also boot the the broad, as she is quite the PITA. 

But the situation is laughable.......

9 mins ago, ByronPA said:

I got to ask here.. what kind of boat has a 185 lb weight limit??

The boat doesn't have a 185lb weight limit, but it does have a total weight limit that the boat can be loaded with. I imagine he figured in his weight, plus the weight of tackle, fuel, etc. The limit is usually shown on the Coast Guard plate on the boat. 

The guy is just stirring things up because he hates the fat broad, and thought he could make it so he never had to fish with her. The whole scenario is just beyond belief. The thing I don't understand is why someone doesn't grow a set and get rid of both of them for causing the drama in the club, as they both are guilty of causing uproars. As one guy said, if you want to see adults acting like 6yr olds fighting over a candy bar, start a bass club....