Spigola

Bonus tags

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Try to email sbbp@dep.nj.gov.  Maybe something went wrong with application.   I emailed them when I got mine but my wife's didn't arrive.  Sent same day.  

Jeff

8 hours ago, jpiercy13 said:

Try to email sbbp@dep.nj.gov.  Maybe something went wrong with application.   I emailed them when I got mine but my wife's didn't arrive.  Sent same day.  

Jeff

Can you give me the email address you sent it to?  I am sending them to applybonus@dep.nj.gov with no responses.

i emailed the sbbp@dep.nj.gov on a friday and they responded monday afternoon. they were very responsive which was a pleasant surprise.

2 hours ago, Spigola said:

Still waiting. :waiting:

Yeah it's crazy.  I submitted mine 5/19. Got no confirmation email.  I submitted the information for my wife to get one. I did get an email about her application.  

Then about a month ago they (fish&game) contacted me saying my app wasn't filled out correctly. I resubmitted it. 

My wife has not gotten hers but I just got mine yesterday.  Go figure. 

I'll be on the beach in the morning.  Lol. But we'll be chasing kingfish. Not expecting bass in this warm water.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, fishless said:

I thought it was a finite amount of tags available and when they are gone that's it for the year.  Can anyone else confirm that?

1) Individual Angler Harvest Reporting

If a Bonus fish is harvested, the SBBP Permit must be securely attached to fish through the mouth and gill immediately upon capture and prior to transportation.  Harvest reporting is mandatory within 24 hours of harvest and must be reported online or by leaving a message at 609-748-2074. Required reporting information includes name, permit #, phone number, date of harvest, and fish length. 

After the Division receives an initial harvest report, each participant may be issued an additional permit up to the discretion of the Division. Due to the extended season, individuals may be eligible for multiple permits throughout the season.

Edited by Spigola

I get an email today from NJ DEP today.  Says my applications were processed June 24 and they are working fast to get them to me.  Imagine if they were working slow.  :help:

Received an email today stating DEP employees were furloughed for first 3 weeks of July, so there are delays.  Also stated if you received a confirming email that your permit has been processed, you will receive tag in the mail shortly. 

I had much the same experience; put in for my tags in the spring, never got them, and emailed the DEP. Got an email yesterday saying they were in the mail. I'll believe it when I see it.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, TopwaterPete said:

I had much the same experience; put in for my tags in the spring, never got them, and emailed the DEP. Got an email yesterday saying they were in the mail. I'll believe it when I see it.

I must be special.  I got a phone call and an email today saying my permits were mailed out yesterday.  So the means they are in the mail.  I hope they will love me in the morning.  :scared: