Beastly Backlash

Night Time Lures for LMB

76 posts in this topic

What do you guys use?

I have almost always just thrown a black spinner bait with black black Colorado blade no matter what. It produces.

I am also curious to hear what you guys use to fish weeds and pads at night time.

A 5” redfin is always a killer.  Black/red culprits or any worm also works wonders. However the GY creature baits with a weighted hook was my second go to. I like my worms and shallow running hard baits. 

Large jitterbug or like R.R. said a surface metal lip. The topwater strikes shatter the night.

All topwater for me, 5/8th Jitterbugs, Panic Bait, Whopper Plopper, and over pads just a Scum Frog. The Quabbin night pass is one of the best "passes" I have ever had.

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 mins ago, Stripernut1 said:

All topwater for me, 5/8th Jitterbugs, Panic Bait, Whopper Plopper, and over pads just a Scum Frog. The Quabbin night pass is one of the best "passes" I have ever had.

Frogs are the standard when it comes to fishing on top of pads.

I would be curious to hear if there are any other possible weedless topwater options.

Edited by Beastly Backlash

No joy on the whopper plopper since I got them.

Not every night but often and can be fished faster than a Jitterbug, but some night that is what they want.

As for other seedless, I don't think it matters that much, but I am happy to be proven wrong. When I fish over Lilly pads the bass rarely sees the "frog"... At night?

5 mins ago, Stripernut1 said:

Not every night but often and can be fished faster than a Jitterbug, but some night that is what they want.

As for other seedless, I don't think it matters that much, but I am happy to be proven wrong. When I fish over Lilly pads the bass rarely sees the "frog"... At night?

Yeah, I doubt the bass really sees much of anything more then a dark silhouette.

Still, trying something different can be interesting.

I used to have a bunch of jitterbugs, but lost them all and never replaced them.

KVD 2.5 wake bait has produced lots of fish for me at dusk and night this season. Very inexpensive at about $6 bucks each. 

I believe and wake type bait will work but for the money the KVD’s have produced for me almost every night I fish them. 

The sunfish pattern has been really good to me. 

25CE6A51-E600-48F2-8CAE-7B577FECF6B7.jpeg

0E7E0D94-336E-46CC-B589-C65CA1295BE9.jpeg

CD9CFF7A-D134-4416-B7E7-5347C5BEB052.jpeg

So far fishing side by side with the Wake Baits I always come out on top for size and numbers.

Lewis Baits make a better version of a Jitterbug, cast further, and holds up better.

11 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Never considered worms for night time bass fishing.

Big plasics are deadly at night.  If weeds and pads i like zoom horny toads with an ewg hook weightless.  Slowly reel them just under the surface

Hard bottom a 6" senko style fatty.  I have some that are about twice as thick as a normal senko.

Big creature baits on a bullet weight are great too

I think the bass feel the displacement of the bait at night

11 hours ago, Stripernut1 said:

and over pads just a Scum Frog.

My favorite. Can throw them anywhere and they never get hung up. I've thrown them into trees and bushes, as long as you pull it out slow and don't wrap it around a branch, it's coming out.