BrianC86

Upstate / Western NY recommendations?

8 posts in this topic

Looking to take a trip to off Long Island next month, maybe rent a lake house and get some fishing in. Anyone have a suggestion where to look?

9 hours ago, NewAtIt said:

are you looking for LMB, Smallies, pike, trout - fly fishing or spin / bait casting. 

Really not too particular about species. This will be a family trip more to take a break from the past 4 months on Long Island, and the kids will be more than entertained catching anything at all. We will be bringing some light spinning set ups that we usually use for the small lakes and the bays down here. 

Tried to send u a PM says you can’t receive PM’s. 

Not sure if your willing to go to St Lawrence but look at the Ledges Resort and Marina in Alexandria Bay NY - family oriented nice cabins right on the water. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Pecks Lake Resort outside of Gloversville has cabins and camping sites.  Very family friendly.  Sits on a private lake with bass, pickerel, pike, panfish, etc.  Rents boats.  It's also out of the way, so you don't deal with any people that aren't at the resort itself.

If you want to charter for walleye, etc. from there, look up Stephen George at Allwter Guide Service, who keeps a boat on Great Sacandaga Lake, which is nearby.  I know him will, and my wife and I have fished with him.  Good fisherman and good people.

Edited by CWitek

3 hours ago, NewAtIt said:

Tried to send u a PM says you can’t receive PM’s. 

Not sure if your willing to go to St Lawrence but look at the Ledges Resort and Marina in Alexandria Bay NY - family oriented nice cabins right on the water. 

Thank you, still new here! I will definitely look into them thank you!

7 hours ago, CWitek said:

Pecks Lake Resort outside of Gloversville has cabins and camping sites.  Very family friendly.  Sits on a private lake with bass, pickerel, pike, panfish, etc.  Rents boats.  It's also out of the way, so you don't deal with any people that aren't at the resort itself.

If you want to charter for walleye, etc. from there, look up Stephen George at Allwter Guide Service, who keeps a boat on Great Sacandaga Lake, which is nearby.  I know him will, and my wife and I have fished with him.  Good fisherman and good people.

Thank you! Checking it out now!