Do you believe in psychedelics?

Rate this topic

Surf Hunter

New Yorker magazine - "The Trip Treatment" - Michael Pollan

Interesting article.....worth reading ..ALL of it.

“We are all terminal,” Griffiths said. “We’re all dealing with death. This will be far too valuable to limit to sick people.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/02/09/trip-treatment?source=search_google_dsa_paid&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItaOa4oqF6wIVirbICh2oEQHQEAAYASAAEgL4qvD_BwE

Edited by Speckhunter

8 hours ago, aneary said:

Great article thanks Spechunter

More than happy to pass the article along. I do like M.Pollan's writing style, and his recent book on the subject is an honest appraisal. And Let's face it....this is not for everyone, but eventually we will all face the end and this has scientifically been demonstrated to produce results when responsibly administered to the terminally ill.

A government that has had no qualms about sending young men and woman to fight wars and get their arms and legs blown off or worse,only to leave them with little recourse when they return but to seek help from nonprofits like wounded warriors or get strung out on opioids courtesy big pharma (the biggest dope dealer in the country) to deal with their PTSD - has no business dictating to us, the population, what is and isn't going to be available for treatment. We can thank the Nixon administration (and the likes of Timothy Leary for that matter) for canceling all the ongoing research back then that could have saved lives, from alcohol addiction, tobacco addiction  etc.

Edited by Speckhunter

1 hour ago, riverrunner said:

I wish I knew "someone"....it's not the kinda thing to just blindly muck about with, for me anyway. Interesting personal perspectives in this thread.  :th:  

"Said the late man, to straight man"....Great album on your avataar.

Agree wholeheartedly with you on this, given the laws on the subject.

3 mins ago, Speckhunter said:

More than happy to pass the article along. I do like M.Pollan's writing style, and his recent book on the subject is an honest appraisal. And Let's face it....this is not for everyone, but eventually we will all face the end and this has scientifically been demonstrated to produce results when responsibly administered to the terminally ill.

A government that has had no qualms about sending young men and woman to fight wars and get their arms and legs blown off or worse, only leave them with little recourse when they return but to seek help from nonprofits like wounded warriors or get strung out on opioids courtesy big pharma (the biggest dope dealer in the country) to deal with their PTSD - has no business dictating to us, the population, what is and isn't going to be available for treatment. We can thank the Nixon administration (and the likes of Timothy Leary for that matter) for canceling all the ongoing research back then that could have saved lives, from alcohol addiction, tobacco addiction  etc.

I agree and it makes me so mad. The closed mindedness of those that criminalize it is appalling. Save the people from themselves kind of deal. Let an adult decide for themselves. 

4 mins ago, Reed422 said:

I agree and it makes me so mad. The closed mindedness of those that criminalize it is appalling. Save the people from themselves kind of deal. Let an adult decide for themselves. 

I'm with you brother, and thanks to the OP for bringing up the subject. Didn't expect the dialogue in a fishing blog, it is interesting.

I did it a few times as a kid 18-20 and the last couples of times were real bad. I wonder how it would go as an adult. If you look at the breakthrough DMT stories on YouTube it’s really interesting. Mike Tyson claims DMT saved his life.

39 mins ago, Reed422 said:

I did it a few times as a kid 18-20 and the last couples of times were real bad. I wonder how it would go as an adult. If you look at the breakthrough DMT stories on YouTube it’s really interesting. Mike Tyson claims DMT saved his life.

Bad , as in...?

I wondered if young people would be better off with this kind of experience than older people more set or rigid in their ways, with a lot more to hold onto.

Edited by Speckhunter

2 mins ago, Speckhunter said:

Bad , as in...?

I wondered if young people would be better off with this kind of experience than older people more set or rigid in their ways, with a lot more to hold onto.

Bad trips. I kept puking and not enjoying it. Once it was so bad I had convulsions and an outer body experience.  That freaked me out yet I did it a few more times. Once a good trip and then twice bad and gave it up. It did change my perspective on things. It almost felt like restoring a computer to factory settings. I could use a reset these days but would probably freak out again.