StickinLips

Stolen Crawdad Boat Hanson

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

My son's friend lives in Hanson and he had his small crawdad boat stolen off his dock he lives on Wompatuck pond. If anyone sees a boat matching this description white interior green exterior, I know very common, hit me up. He just had it all cleaned up and got it looking mint when it got stolen. Here's the only pic I have. Thanks 

20200714_132652.jpg

Edited by StickinLips

23 hours ago, MikeMc said:

This thread caught my eye on right side previews. That sucks, I hate a thief. Hope he gets his boat back.

Yeah I hope he gets it back and they get what they deserve.

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, robc22 said:

Cannot believe how bold some crooks can be.....:thumbd:

A few years ago my dad had the circuit breaker panel stolen off his boat at the dock in Sesuit Harbor. Someone must have had the same model and decided they needed it. Ballsy too as his boat was way down, away from the gangway.  People suck, it took me a few days to trace out all the wires and install a new one I built.  

Edited by harley48

Off topic but my dads canoe was "stolen" out of our backyard when I was a kid. He said he had an idea of who had taken it, I grew up hating this local family. Later in life i visited my old man down in Sebastian Florida, we are sitting at a bar enjoying a few drinks and I brought up the canoe. He started to laugh, I said what's funny, that family where scumbags(they really were a scummy group known for break ins etc) He then told me what actually happened to our canoe. His buddy and him had gone out fishing and hit something causing the canoe to sink. I think he was too embarrassed to admit what had actually happened and swore his buddy to secrecy and kept that secret for 15 years

Anyways I hope your buddy finds his boat, thieves are true scum.

Is the boat small enough to get to the bog pond up behind the hospital? I lived on Oldham pond and Monponsett and the local  kids would always take my boats and leave them someplace strange.

About 10 years ago, my friend and I were dropping worms out his small boat on Wompatuk when I thought I hooked a big stick. When I got it to the boat and reached in, I almost put my hand in the mouth of the biggest snapping turtle I have ever seen which was hooked in the mouth. Just cut the line and save my fingers.

The problem may stem from a lack of boats/watercraft available for rental.

With more people taking to the water, it almost seemed inevitable that some would choose this route to "borrow" a boat for a day or so?