Funnyfish 2020

Rate this topic

13 mins ago, nicknotsebastian said:

all the bones you wanted today backside of p town.  maybe all those juvie fish of recent years are returning as adults.  yum yum !

Where abouts?? I made the run over specifically looking for bones and only found bass. Now I have fomo!!

9 hours ago, notime said:

Started switching all my epoxy jigs to single inline hooks this past winter.   Do you think it will make a difference in hook up with Albies? 

just my experience I ripped all my singles off my joebags. didn't hook as many and didn't feel confident with the single hook but thats just me. 

I’ve clipped the trebles on mine down to doubles. So far, my hookup ratio seems about the same, and getting fish off is much easier. Plus, the doubles don’t mangle up the mouths of the schoolie stripers, like trebles sometimes do. One some lures, I will go one size bigger on the hooks to compensate for the clipped treble.

Edited by fishinbill

2 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

I did exactly the same

Just as well getting ready today.  Rods strung up , boxes organized, order into Salt Water Edge..all while watching The Godfather for the 200th time and it keeps getting better! 

1 hour ago, Running Ape said:

Hey- afternoon albies- anyone have much luck? I’ve caught a fair number in the morning, only a few in the afternoon 

Boat or shore?   I’ve slayed hundreds of albies in the afternoon from boat.   Shore fishing 99% of the time the morning bite is the best but there have been days when I’ll pull a dozen or so during an afternoon tide.  Usually it’s maybe 2-3 

Island livin

Seems like the only days I was able to get them to eat throughout the day, it was really windy.  When it’s nice out you’ll get them in the morning then they get lockjaw.

Best day I had was on ACK in southwest around 20kts.  I got 19 throughout the day on big castmasters.  The previous day I got my first and it was from the beach with a fly rod.

I've been doing exactly what Fishinbill wrote for years.

If you look at the treble one of the hooks is brazed on.  I take wire cutters and snip that hook off.

Most times those 2 hooks are perfectly in the corner of the mouth and if they're deeper they're pretty easy to remove.

That third hook can be a real trouble maker.