SalmonAndStriper Stalker

Funnyfish 2020

Rate this topic

113 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, albacized said:

With RI now being removed MA's exempt list (re: travel restrictions), effective this Friday, I'm bumping a pic of my 7/10 fish as a memory of what may be my whole 2020 hardtail season :-(

Enforcement of the policy is relegated to local boards of health, not the police, and compliance is based on "the honor system."

I would be surprised to see even a single fine handed out. 

My read on the policy is that, basically, an individual would have to contact their local board of health and self-report they've not done the quarantine. So unless one has a predilection for self-imposed fines, (and the phone number for their town's board of health) I think MA folks fishing a few hrs in RI will be ok.

Heck, even back in April when RI had the state police involved..(a single state police checkpoint), I simply drove right past it when returning from a Connecticut fishing trip.

^^What he said. I'm more concerned about daytime parking at ri beach access points, which seems to be ever-changing,  than i am about mass's quarantine order. 

Just now, The Riddler said:

Confirmed Bones Middle RI. Can't get done there till next weekend. 

same for outer cape - as in around p town.  multiple fish by multiple sources.

in classic style mixed in with harbour size blues.

maybe some of those schools of juveniles are starting to return as nasty adults?

On 8/5/2020 at 7:58 AM, albacized said:

With RI now being removed MA's exempt list (re: travel restrictions), effective this Friday, I'm bumping a pic of my 7/10 fish as a memory of what may be my whole 2020 hardtail season :-(

http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/fish-wildlife/freshwater-fisheries/faqs.php

Way I read it, you can fish in RI.   This for trout but assuming it applies to all fishing.   If you scroll down it has questions about out of staters fishing in RI.  

7 mins ago, notime said:

http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/fish-wildlife/freshwater-fisheries/faqs.php

Way I read it, you can fish in RI.   This for trout but assuming it applies to all fishing.   If you scroll down it has questions about out of staters fishing in RI.  

He was referring to the new Massachusetts policy, not RI.

Paraphrasing here, but the new MA policy states anyone who visits Rhode Island has to quarantine two weeks upon their return to Mass or face a $500 fine per day of noncompliance.

4 hours ago, rst3 said:

He was referring to the new Massachusetts policy, not RI.

Paraphrasing here, but the new MA policy states anyone who visits Rhode Island has to quarantine two weeks upon their return to Mass or face a $500 fine per day of noncompliance.

And Gov Baker spelled out recreation as not a good enough reason to cross borders.