275B7B6D-4D35-4F63-8760-D7D0DC1DFDAC.jpeg

51201885-771B-48A7-ACD7-0CDCEC60B144.jpeg

09080DD2-87D2-4134-BF1E-7AD13624E440.jpeg

1584938D-BC57-46D0-9741-F9EF5DEEE7EA.jpeg

5C94BBB7-7B70-4233-B76D-2E98C3EFF12E.jpeg

9E848373-ED6B-4C29-9D48-48F3AF19E150.jpeg

Good god is that In MA? 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:04 PM, BrianBM said:

Gentlemen! Gentlemen!  No buying/selling/trading outside the BST, please!

Sorry. Got too excited 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:04 PM, BrianBM said:

Gentlemen! Gentlemen!  No buying/selling/trading outside the BST, please!

Sorry Brian. I should have mentioned we already knew each other outside of SOL and I was just going to give these baits to Steel Pulse for free. 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:35 PM, nicknotsebastian said:

thanks.

its not uncommon at that spot for a couple “regulars“ who are familiar with the variety and whats around when.  its my favorite place to go when i just wanna take a nice walk and go shore fishing.

I wonder if it's that walk I know. Love the area. Too small and starts to get too many people.

8 hours ago, bassturds said:

Good god is that In MA? 

no.  close to where i am when i’m not on the cape.  did just realized this thread is in the ma fishing section.  sorry.  but - its pretty close... an easy day trip.

14 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

no.  close to where i am when i’m not on the cape.  did just realized this thread is in the ma fishing section.  sorry.  but - its pretty close... an easy day trip.

That’s incredible!!!!!  Now on the hunt to find this spot lol! 

I did luck into one about a week and a half ago (Fri, 7/10)...but this was in RI and there is no consistency to this fishery right now. I took about a dozen trips down, with this one coming on trip number 8...fortunately except the last 2 or 3 trips, it's been solid with smallish blues (topping out around 5-6 lbs) plus some smallish bass

IMG_3196.jpg

23 mins ago, albacized said:

I did luck into one about a week and a half ago (Fri, 7/10)...but this was in RI and there is no consistency to this fishery right now. I took about a dozen trips down, with this one coming on trip number 8...fortunately except the last 2 or 3 trips, it's been solid with smallish blues (topping out around 5-6 lbs) plus some smallish bass

IMG_3196.jpg

Rich! Glad you surfaced and still catching 'em. Heading down tomorrow to see if I can find them.

2 hours ago, albacized said:

IMG_3196.jpg

Good stuff, Rich. We know the season must be close when Albacized chimes in.

Also: looks like you annointed that hat.

Wondering if this will be another good bonito year. Guessing you probably saw that Maine guy (in NH/Maine forum) who posted a 22" bone hit a tinker, set on a balloon intended for bass. I've seen plenty of baby bones up there in Maine, esp in fall, but not fish big enough for tinkers, in mid July.

Just saw that  bonito thread in the NH/ME forum and commented - that would be pretty cool if points north of the cape started to become viable bonito locations. I mentioned in that thread that I wondered whether that huge bloom of tiny bonito from 2 years ago is reshaping the playing field...they were everywhere from RI right up to ME, and they even crossed the atlantic (some places in the UK experienced catching tiny bonito that year)

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, foxfai said:

Rich! Glad you surfaced and still catching 'em. Heading down tomorrow to see if I can find them.

The bottom fishing has been good in the area - in fact, just to show how it's sometimes good to be lucky...I had started jigging that epoxy jig on the bottom, looking for fluke or sea bass after having giving up on throwing at a couple of suspicious splashes on the surface (had not seen anything for about a half hour)...I would never advise to fish for bonito on the bottom like that...but I have caught a small handful over the years while jigging the bottom...but conversely, nothing near the luck I've had using more standard tactics

Edited by albacized

2 hours ago, albacized said:

Just saw that  bonito thread in the NH/ME forum and commented - that would be pretty cool if points north of the cape started to become viable bonito locations. I mentioned in that thread that I wondered whether that huge bloom of tiny bonito from 2 years ago is reshaping the playing field...they were everywhere from RI right up to ME, and they even crossed the atlantic (some places in the UK experienced catching tiny bonito that year)

I did not know about the UK bonito, that's really interesting. I had similar thoughts this season about all the tinker bones a few years ago..now grown up and helping to fuel last year's good numbers, and perhaps (if we're lucky) this year's run as well.