Kanine Kleenup

Hey! Where are the Striped Bass license plates?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I sent my money in last Sept.  I could have had a house built by now.   I've already lost interest.  More irresponsible use of taxpayer money.

I was just looking at the RMV website yesterday:

"Expectations are that it will take an additional 6 to 8 months in 2020 to manufacture and distribute the plates to the RMV. Once ready, applicants will be contacted by the RMV and instructed to go to their chosen RMV office to pick-up their pre-ordered license plate."

Just about everything at the registry is taking much longer than normal these days. I renewed my registration recently and didn't get the decal and official reg in the mail until after it expired. 

33 mins ago, bdowning said:

Just about everything at the registry is taking much longer than normal these days. I renewed my registration recently and didn't get the decal and official reg in the mail until after it expired. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone at the RMV was laid off or furloughed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

Fourty bucks

13 hours ago, bob_G said:

I sent my money in last Sept.  I could have had a house built by now. 

The pandemic is slowing a lot of stuff down.

I applied for a new passport back in January ahead of a trip that I was supposed to go on in late May. I just got my new passport about 2 weeks ago. Fortunately the trip was cancelled because of covid otherwise I wouldn't have been able to go without a valid passport.

I recently ordered some fishing line online. Normally I would have received it in a week. It took almost 3 months for it to finally arrive.

Edited by zak-striper

6 hours ago, bob_G said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone at the RMV was laid off or furloughed.

Probably no state employees, period. 

All Mass plates are made at MCI Cedar Junction. Maximum security prisons have their own special challenges these days.  Sort of a perfect storm.  Lots of liberal states have been doing mass early releases. Just a theory but between early releases and social or work distancing I’ll bet there is not a lot of new plates getting stamped out.  I wonder if they will have the [semi rigged] low number plate lottery this year.  Hope I’m all wet on these theories but if they have a back log of plates to issue then the new ones may not be deemed essential thru phase 3 of the recovery. YMMV of course.

It's taking mail from the US over 2 months to reach me. I received an invoice from the IRS dated mid-March in mid-June. Luckily I had already paid it online. :laugh: