b-ware

Covid Surcharge

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

For the past few weeks we have been ordering out for curbside pickup in the Bourne/Wareham area and have noticed on the bill,  Covid Surcharge  $2.00

Whats up with that?????????

Posted (edited) · Report post

59 mins ago, b-ware said:

For the past few weeks we have been ordering out for curbside pickup in the Bourne/Wareham area and have noticed on the bill,  Covid Surcharge  $2.00

Whats up with that?????????

You're not telling them you're BSP residents are you?

Do you tip when someone delivers your order to your car?  We do.

Edited by bob_G

But does this mean you don't have to tip?

That's the problem with non-descript fees added onto bills without disclosure or explanation.

Can we take a $5.00 COVID fee off of our bills as well? Only seems fair if they can add we can subtract.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Call the place you are ordering from and ask. Might be a sleezy way of making more money but more than likely and hopefully just trying to pay their staff a little more to work with riskier roles? 

You also have to consider that prices on everything WILL go up. Business are going to either go broke / bankrupt and those that do not may need to increase their prices to deal with the limitations that affect their business volumes (like no indoor dining, by appointment only stuff like haircuts, tuggie parlors, etc). Then there will always be the gougers that take advantage. Business may be so good, it is too good and they can increase their prices to reduce the demand while still keeping pace. 

Edited by NHAngler

i guess the easiest way to deal with additional covid fees for delivery that you don't feel are justified , is to go and pick up your own stuff. :D

10 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

i guess the easiest way to deal with additional covid fees for delivery that you don't feel are justified , is to go and pick up your own stuff. :D

RIF!

15 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

Does anyone tip for takeout? I always feel its stupid but hate when they eye me for not filling out the tip. Should i tip the clerk for checking me out of the grocery store as well?

1 hour ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Does anyone tip for takeout? I always feel its stupid but hate when they eye me for not filling out the tip. Should i tip the clerk for checking me out of the grocery store as well?

FWIW, I rarely tip for takeout. The only exception is when someone goes above and beyond. TIP - to insure prompt service. Take out is no service .

7 mins ago, MakoMike said:

FWIW, I rarely tip for takeout. The only exception is when someone goes above and beyond. TIP - to insure prompt service. Take out is no service .

If they are hustleing and on top of their game, i leave something.....especially if there are attractive women doing the job.

17 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

Words of wisdom Fizzy. Just think if they did not give them the family rates what the charge would be Peace and Prayers

21 hours ago, bob_G said:

You're not telling them you're BSP residents are you?

Do you tip when someone delivers your order to your car?  We do.

No, the people delivering to your car are receiving an hourly wage, not waitress wages.  Do you tip the delivery man who delivers heating oil????

18 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

The original statement I made was for self pickup, we call in the order using a debit or credit card and they just add it on.

16 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Agreed...........One of my pet peeves is when you go into a DD or another similar place, order up and receive your order (quite often wrong) without so much as a please and thank you, and they expect a tip....................