bob_G

Didn't see this one coming

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

While walking the dog at Bell Rd this morning my wife spoke with a construction crew getting set up.  

Apparently they'll be building foot bridges across the RR tracks for walkers and cyclists.  Since technically it's trespassing to walk over the tracks,  people will be required to use the foot bridge to access the service road.

Details are sketchy beyond that, but I'll supply updates and photos as things progress.

So that raises a question. Are they going to put up that long-threatened fencing between the tracks? Only way that ppl will be forced to use footbridges imo.

15 mins ago, bdowning said:

So that raises a question. Are they going to put up that long-threatened fencing between the tracks? Only way that ppl will be forced to use footbridges imo.

Fences are good, and maybe more signs.   Every gubmint project needs lots of signs.

30 mins ago, bob_G said:

Apparently they'll be building foot bridges across the RR tracks for walkers and cyclists.  Since technically it's trespassing to walk over the tracks,  people will be required to use the foot bridge to access the service road.

Bob.....I suspect there is something more to this than that.....namely, even if they build the foot bridge, folks would still be trespassing.  Why?  Air rights.

"Who ever owns the soil, it is theirs up to the Heavens and down to Hell".    

1 min ago, Joe G said:

Bob.....I suspect there is something more to this than that.....namely, even if they build the foot bridge, folks would still be trespassing.  Why?  Air rights.

You could me right Joe.     

I'm claiming naming rights.   It will be called the Area52 bridge.

8 mins ago, Joe G said:

A public works project with no public notification, what about building permit, Conservation Commission hearing and other public hearings?????????????

Sounds kinda sketchy to me...............

2 mins ago, b-ware said:

A public works project with no public notification, what about building permit, Conservation Commission hearing and other public hearings?????????????

Yep, my thoughts exactly. More to come i'm sure....

6 mins ago, b-ware said:

Hey Bernie, I'm with you.   I'm just repeating what Sandy told me when she returned from her walk a half hour ago.    I live a couple hundred yards away, and I wasn't aware of this at all.

10 mins ago, b-ware said:

Sounds kinda sketchy to me............…

Yep, Perry Ave best put a hold on gassing up that Triaxle Kenworth until this whole thing can be sorted out.

51 mins ago, Joe G said:

Yep, Perry Ave best put a hold on gassing up that Triaxle Kenworth until this whole thing can be sorted out.

Tri axle Kenworth??????????????????

18 mins ago, b-ware said:

Tri axle Kenworth??????????????????

Hum...I can see from your response you aren't familiar with this product.

6 mins ago, Joe G said:

Hum...I can see from your response you aren't familiar with this product.

I am very familiar with these trucks but I am wondering about this one in Bourne, does the town own it ? for what purpose will it be used for? and at appx. $275,000 for the basic dump truck model, why???????????

58 mins ago, b-ware said:

I am very familiar with these trucks but I am wondering about this one in Bourne, does the town own it ? for what purpose will it be used for? and at appx. $275,000 for the basic dump truck model, why???????????

My goodness, so many questions.

This much I can tell you. 

At the Town Hall, some years back, Barry J. and I got to talking,  and the subject of  buying, vs. rent or leasing heavy equipment needed for town use came up  He mentioned the Kenworth, as an example. I got the distinct impression from how he spoke that it was on site. 

I know nothing beyond that...,