lurejunkie00

Walmart

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don’t buy much from  Walmart  but I use distilled water I do get it there. I always check out their tackle Dept. I can’t believe how empty the shelves are. I have a lot more in my basement than they do. 

Edited by lurejunkie00

I went through the fishing section in Walmart yesterday. No rods or reels, a few spools of line the terminal tackle hooks empty. A few Bomber lures and some Atom poppers. Sad looking section, lol:howdy:

1 hour ago, jimmy z said:

I went through the fishing section in Walmart yesterday. No rods or reels, a few spools of line the terminal tackle hooks empty. A few Bomber lures and some Atom poppers. Sad looking section, lol:howdy:

DITO

If the shelves need replenishing then ask for the manager and tell him that you want the department to be filled again..Or you can order from their site on the internet....

Funny I was going to start the same thread. I went to wall mart and dicks yesterday. Both had very little stock and nothing I really went there for. 

I did get a deadly dick at wall mart and a crippled herring at dicks. Seemed pretty expensive for both. 

The crippled herring looks different than my older ones. Looks thinner. I’m wondering if it two once. 

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

Supply chain out of Asia is effed right now

This is the reason.  They were out of line last week. I couldn’t get 6 lb mono and I wasn’t particular  which brand as it was for the grandkids reel.While you are in Walmart check out bicycles. The Walmart near me had no bicycles last week. The bike shop near me had almost no bikes and  a 16 day back log on service. Last year he did everything while you waited. It may take a long time to get the stores stocked again.

Besides the supply chain being buggered up it is that so many new people are fishing and all the gear has been bought up. I wonder how many of the new anglers will still be fishing next year when we get back to "normal?

There is no product to "ask the manager to refill the shelves" with. Anything made overseas is backordered and everyone became an outdoorsman during lockdown. There are no kayaks, bikes, guns or fishing supplies. You have to remember that China was on lockdown for months. Nothing going in or out. That includes fishing stuff. When they started to open back up most businesses here closed. No demand for product from a retail perspective. Couple this with am exponential growth in online sales that sucked dry any backstock of product that was here in the states. There is product coming but most distribution centers are still low on manpower because people walked out of a job. Its going to be like this for awhile especially with new reels coming out and people preordering reels that aren't even off the ship yet. 

Supply chain is super screwed up and the volume of people buying fishing equipment this year skyrocketed. Same with kayaks. Was in west marine the other day and they usually have a decent selection of yaks. GONE. nothing left. 

Hit Bass Pro Shop a couple days ago. The place was barren!  A couple of rods in each display rack. Aisles totally empty of lures Completely empty, not a pack here or there. The place was wiped out.

Outside there were no kayaks. boats quads. Nothing.

I did see employees moving dollies of stuff through all departments, so maybe they're restocking? Even tried to order some of their clothes online. Not available. So it's not just Wally World.

This situation shows how dependent we’ve become on a global economy.

I’m hoping that companies will see this as an opportunity to revitalize American manufacturing and that smaller businesses like independently owned tackle shops will thrive.