Wilgabeast

Sharks from shore !

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Who’s getting excited for brown sharks ?! Water temp is rite , I usually don’t start fishing them untill August but I’m getting antsy 

Yeah be a man and toss out the old lady’s holiday roast. Think the browns are protected species technically... doesn’t stop most from trying, or publishing in magazines. I hooked one, when I was younger, 60 seconds of insanity, then gone. Tried again, with the intention of dropping bluefish chunks off the yak, but the no-see-ums eviscerated my arms and knuckles 

Was some hero's in soco a week ago Thursday caught a 4/5 footer from the beach..used a kayak to drop the bait approx 150 yds off shore .took him a while to bring it if in

I got into a few last year hope to double or triple that number this year . My striper season hasn’t been what I wanted it to be so hopefully my shark season will

Yup:  They are around.  This picture was taken at 2 AM this morning.  This is an equivocal "first" for me:  Losing a striper to a shark.  Despite having to settle for sloppy seconds, the Mrs. and I are  also going to have a striped bass dinner .  And that will also be a "first" for me this year, as I have taken an oath never to intentionally kill another striped bass for sale, give away, or personal consumption.  I am a Zealot.

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8184.JPG

4 hours ago, sauerkraut said:

Yup:  They are around.  This picture was taken at 2 AM this morning.  This is an equivocal "first" for me:  Losing a striper to a shark.  Despite having to settle for sloppy seconds, the Mrs. and I are  also going to have a striped bass dinner .  And that will also be a "first" for me this year, as I have taken an oath never to intentionally kill another striped bass for sale, give away, or personal consumption.  I am a Zealot.

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8184.JPG

That fish looks short...

11 hours ago, sauerkraut said:

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8184.JPG

i would put my money on a white shark,unless that is one monster of a brown.Did you find any teeth the size of a shot glass?

14 hours ago, sauerkraut said:

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8184.JPG

What general area was that in? How deep were you wading? That could cause some serious shrinkage! 

16 mins ago, connman said:

Pretty raggedly looking bite for a shark , what are chances it was big seal?

My thoughts as well.