Pescador710

More shore access in danger

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Well the trend continues. A Wareham spot I’ve been going to a handful of times each summer for over a decade has been fenced off and signage hung. I don’t blame the private owners for doing so as visitors, noise, drug use, and of course the heaps of trash have all noticeably increased recently.

Also a court case is brewing between a Rockport beach committee and SCUBA instructors. The following is a link to the news report. Please take down if the link is not allowed.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/local/rockport-neighbors-sure-town-over-scuba-diving-nuisance/QSY6XBHVFVBONMHVRVQKCLIN7M/?fbclid=IwAR0FxJya56ybhWv47jgE2ej9kwpNrN3vw_zq4P3dLV_krBhLxflM8esZcV0

A friendly reminder to all fishermen and shoreline users: Be respectful of the place you are visiting, clean up after yourself (maybe others if you can), keep the noise level down, and be polite in your interactions with nearby property owners. If we can’t all behave we will lose virtually ALL access. If we do behave we will at least have a leg to stand on when we have to fight for it.

No one cares anymore. Everyone’s gone way past the point of pushing the boundaries of spots where homeowners would once turn a blind eye. There’s only so much disrespectful behavior one can tolerate 

If I lived in wareham the last thing I would worry about is people fishing. 

As the state reopens Beverly has added more resident only parking, restricting more access.  A spot I like in Seabrook is still   sectioned off.  I think these beach towns are loving the excuse to keep the ocean to themselves.  

48 mins ago, BDigital said:

Is it the fishermen who are bringing attention to these areas? Or is it the riffraffs enjoying extracurricular activities?

Again I usually only enjoy the spot 5-7 times each season so I can’t be sure one way or another. But about a month ago, I show up at sunset and there were three cars parked there (more than I’ve ever seen) and about 8 young-uns shooting the breeze, drinking/smoking, and had fishing rods out but were not being used. Perhaps they just finished a casting session but it seems like they were using it as a cover. 

However, in years past, I have picked up plenty of fishing related trash and dealt with the smell of rotting racks. But this year, there seemed to be a marked increase in nips, beer cans and snack bags.

I’m sure I sound like a grumpy old fart but I am really not against public drinking/smoking and good time having, just clean up after yourself and don’t ruin our access

I'm a ninja fisherman......Make no noise and leave no trash.......I don't know what's wrong with some of these guys..........:shrug:

Sunset is too early for the real riffraffs. Just a lack of respect for a fishing spot treasured by those who don't take having access for granted. It's those who trash that spot will move on to the next one once that one is closed and do the same thing. Shame. 

Right there with you robc22. Except when the life is scared out of me by a fellow ninja. Countless times I have turned around and a shadow and little red light is right in my face. One of these days out of being so startled I'm going to accidentally put my samurai rod across a fellow angler. We should all be quite, clean and respectful but those that know that are and it only takes one to ruin it for all.  And please announce yourself before sneaking up on a fellow angler.....lol

Keep in mind that unless there is a lot of external money flowing into these towns from tourists that there is zero benefit to allowing those from outside of the community in. Covid was a great excuse that halts any objection that would previously be taken serious. 

It is only a benefit to these towns to make access more exclusive to drive up property values / taxes. Any tourist money will go to the wayside (and most of these towns were not crushing it from bait shops and snack sales. Those that love it living in these towns will soon see their property taxes go up.

... also most of you posting on here are likely good people that would not mess up access for you or others.. It is those that are fairly reckless who are just taking a break from rioting and defacing property / historical monuments. This is what they do on their days off.. 

I tried to warn y’all. What’s the big deal if more people get to enjoy every spot they said. You just want all the spots for yourself they said. Well now things are completely ruined and many parking spots are gone for good. People really have zero foresight and frankly get what they deserve. Can’t put the genie back in the bottle.