jimmy1956

Big Ten Conference Fall Sports Limited to Conference Play Only

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Announced yesterday. Includes football and most other fall sports. I’m an alumni of Maryland which is why I care (although Maryland sucks at football for years lol). No out of conference play. Schedules are being reviewed blah blah. Going to be interesting. Hope there is college football but I think we’re headed to no football. Just my opinion.

57 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Who really cares?

Certainly not the schools...…..

I don’t understand? The schools certainly do care which is why all this is going on. Or are you just a football hater? 

11 mins ago, jimmy1956 said:

I don’t understand? The schools certainly do care which is why all this is going on. Or are you just a football hater? 

Nope, their bottom line is $$$$$$.

If they really cared about the student athletes they would just cancel the season.

It’s interesting To note that as other power conference are now considering a conference only schedule this leaves Norte Dame without any one to play football wise. The football team is an independent team and aligned with no conference. Their other ND sports are aligned with conferences. So who ND even play in football?

21 mins ago, jimmy1956 said:

It’s interesting To note that as other power conference are now considering a conference only schedule this leaves Norte Dame without any one to play football wise. The football team is an independent team and aligned with no conference. Their other ND sports are aligned with conferences. So who ND even play in football?

Heard ND is going to be worked in to the ACC schedule.

1 hour ago, Riverboat33 said:

Heard the same thing that the ACC would “try” to help them out lol.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, jimmy1956 said:

2 hours ago, Riverboat33 said:

36 mins ago, jimmy1956 said:

Heard the same thing that the ACC would “try” to help them out lol.

ND will probably play an expanded ACC schedule this year and fill in with Independents that lose games against other conferences. They already lost Wisconsin and will probably loss Stanford and USC. They’ve relocated the Navy game from Dublin Ireland to the States.

Edited by Jay Dog