Sudsy

Stabbing - fisherman vs swimmer in Long Branch

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Long Branch Police Department

There was a report of a stabbing on Ocean Avenue near Morris Avenue. The incident stemmed from a disagreement on the beach concerning fishing versus swimming areas. The suspect was arrested shortly after and the victim is stable. Detectives are on the scene to further investigate. Any witnesses please contact us at 732-222-1000. Thank you.

Chief Roebuck

So ridicules, sad and unnecessary. Stabbing over swimming vs fishing... really!?! I'm glad the victim is stable. 

Be carful out there. Our current situation in the world is pretty crazy. Tensions are running high and some people (especially those w/ pre-existing conditions) are on the edge. From my perspective, it's rarely worth getting into a confrontation unless public safety or the greater good is at steak. Call and report to the proper authorities. 

JD

When Aholes collide. 

It's a fish! 

I had a kite boarders chute get wrapped around me while I was on a jetty.   I was going over and miraculously it untangled itself before I cut my way out.  The boarder flips out on me and tells me to "watch where I'm going"!!  Seriously did. 

Had he gone physical, thats a whole nother ballgame, but until that moment it's just not worth it. 

Always do your best to de escalate the situation at hand. 

Some folks are just too stupid to argue with. 

20 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

When Aholes collide. 

It's a fish! 

I had a kite boarders chute get wrapped around me while I was on a jetty.   I was going over and miraculously it untangled itself before I cut my way out.  The boarder flips out on me and tells me to "watch where I'm going"!!  Seriously did. 

Had he gone physical, thats a whole nother ballgame, but until that moment it's just not worth it. 

Always do your best to de escalate the situation at hand. 

Some folks are just too stupid to argue with. 

The nerve of you:laugh:

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Anyone heard from Sparky today ?

If I was looking for Sparky on the beach i wouldn't be looking there.

Edited by Fly By Nite

I would suspect the fishermen. I don’t usually swim around with a knife on me. I also use a knife to cut bait. 

Day time summer doldrums skunk boy was frustrated someone was splashing away his short fluke. Decided death was fitting punishment. 

1 hour ago, richie c said:

The nerve of you:laugh:

I know!  I'm such a jerk d

19 mins ago, BobBass said:

I would suspect the fishermen. I don’t usually swim around with a knife on me. I also use a knife to cut bait. 

Day time summer doldrums skunk boy was frustrated someone was splashing away his short fluke. Decided death was fitting punishment. 

Three sides to every story. 

You may not swim with a knife, but others may. 

I won't make an assumption with out proper info. 

This is probably why I always get picked for jury.

10 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Long Branch Police Department

There was a report of a stabbing on Ocean Avenue near Morris Avenue. The incident stemmed from a disagreement on the beach concerning fishing versus swimming areas. The suspect was arrested shortly after and the victim is stable. Detectives are on the scene to further investigate. Any witnesses please contact us at 732-222-1000. Thank you.

Chief Roebuck

Checked in with my buddies over there. One of them said their Ring notified them of activity near their house. He said that it went down about 500 ft down the street from his house. I’m impressed the Ring picked it up. Pretty cool.

Anyway, I’m betting on the angler to do the stabbing/filleting/gutting...