squammer

Replacement Guide for St. Croix Triumph Surf?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I broke the ceramic insert inside the very first (largest) guide located nearest to the reel. I am looking for a quick fix to get me back out there. Can I replace the insert only? I assume not. If I need a new guide, what size guide should I order (mud hole has a large selection)? I can have a local tackle shop replace the guide for me. I called and emailed St Croix with this question and have still not heard back 1 week later.

Is anyone on here knowledgeable about guides?

Thanks!

where are you located. its probably a bsvlg 40 , 40mm ring hardloy insert (insert gray in color). they dont make them any more but there my be some around. you can use the bsvog 40, aluminum oxide insert material, brown in color, basically the same thing. if you have a calipers measure the outside diameter of the ceramic ring that will tell you the size. Your choices on size will be 40, 30 ,25.

if it is a true Fuji the size should be stamped on one of the legs. might need a magnifying glass and a good light. Or at least my eyes need it.

I'd bring it to a local B&T and have them do it.

Thanks guys. I just called Surfland Tackle on Plum Island and they carry the guide in stock and can replace in 48 hours for the same price as turkey sub sandwich. Not bad! I was about to just buy a new rod to get back out there...

Some folks feel that the stripper (largest) guide and tip top guide are the two most important guides.

As such, when on a very tight budget, make those two guides the best you can afford while making the other guides more affordable.

This may be an opportune time to make a small improvement to your rod.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:55 AM, WorcBoy said:

if it is a true Fuji the size should be stamped on one of the legs. might need a magnifying glass and a good light. Or at least my eyes need it.

I'd bring it to a local B&T and have them do it.

Some of the Fujis I've got recently have not had the size stamped on the frame. I don't know whether this is a new thing or not. 

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

Some of the Fujis I've got recently have not had the size stamped on the frame. I don't know whether this is a new thing or not. 

I was thinking of the BNLG/BSVLG guides I have in my bins.