SlackTideBri

Van Staal parts/service phone number? no worky?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Was instructed by the Van Stall man at Rivers End Tackle in Old Saybrook, CT to contact Van Staal directly because he didn't have the parts I need for a repair. Dialed 1-800-718-7335 and asked if I knew an extension or a name. Don't know anyone who works at Van Staal so pressed 0 for operator and the answering service cycled the options again. Even clicked Email link on their website with no result. Is there an easier way/method to contact Van Staal for parts? Maybe just me but am I missing something with this?

Posted (edited) · Report post

tackle service dot and you know the rest because links aren't allowed, everything you'll ever need for your VS

Edited by prican1

13 hours ago, prican1 said:

tackle service dot and you know the rest because links aren't allowed, everything you'll ever need for your VS

No Longer since the sale of the company.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:00 AM, avet4life said:

just wonder what part # or part you are looking ?

I apologize for the late response avet4life. I'm looking for the anit reverse bearing for a VR 200 reel. Have 2 useless VR's right now without that part. 

Thank you for helping me with this. I will need to tear it down somehow to hit it with the calipers. Both reels are only 2 years old (I'm tough on my gear). I'm willing to buy the whole assembly and have no fear of pricing. The bite is picking up and desperate to get the backup reels up and running. My compliments on your pro pic. 

I would buy a back up pinion assembly. They were on fleabay for $90. Then rebuild the old ones and you will still have an extra. 

Q at Rivers End Tackle Tacklie in Old Saybrook  CT has the parts to rebuild the VR pinion. If you have the early sleeve you can also buy the newer version. Rebuilding is cheap, but I would keep an extra pinion assembly If I fished these regularly. 

Q or whomever handles parts said he doesn't have what I need to repair the anti reverse bearing for the VR 200 said I need and go through Van Staal...Click...then I get a dial tone, nice.. Been scouring Fleabay for the parts (which I shouldn't have to do) and found nothing. Can't even find the pinion let alone the bearing. I shouldn't have to rub the right belly to acquire parts on a product they so proudly boast. Not easy sitting on over a grand in scrap reels. 

I'll keep trying for another few days. If to no avail. I'll call in an order to a company in Stratford, CT that does backup their product. 

Thank you for the efforts guys.