flyangler

SCOTUS: Trump Not Immune From Handing Over Fin'l Records and Tax Returns

Rate this topic

106 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Someone here is going to get a wood me thinks. 

So, what does this mean vis-a-vis the election? 

Edited by tomkaz

Not so straight forward, might push any disclosure until after election - Politico:

Supreme Court splits on Trump tax cases, potentially shielding returns until after election

However, the justices divided on how much deference the courts should show to the president and they ordered further proceedings in lower courts.

The Supreme Court has delivered a split decision on subpoenas for President Donald Trump’s tax returns and financial records, unanimously rejecting his broadest claims of “absolute” immunity in a New York state criminal investigation, but ruling that lower courts did not do enough to scrutinize congressional subpoenas for similar records.

The pair of highly-anticipated decisions likely mean more delays and court proceedings on both subpoenas, increasing the odds that Trump makes it to the November election without the tax and financial details he has long resisted disclosing being turned over to the prosecutors and Congressional committees demanding them.

2 mins ago, fishinambition said:

As long as we make it to Nov. I have no doubt he's filthy dirty but we must win at all costs.

As honest of an assessment as I have ever read here. And I concur. 

12 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Someone here is going to get a wood me thinks. 

So, what does this mean vis-a-vis the election? 

but Congress can't get them.

10 mins ago, fishinambition said:

As long as we make it to Nov. I have no doubt he's filthy dirty but we must win at all costs.

"filthy dirty"?    :headscratch:

Explain please.

11 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Yup.

8 mins ago, eddy said:

but Congress can't get them.

yes, but you want to make book on leaks from NYS once they have access? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, tomkaz said:

yes, but you want to make book on leaks from NYS once they have access? 

that's why i said poor Cyrus Vance in the other thread.

it's clear as day from news reports that there were two rulings on who can get them.

and if Congress gets them, you can bet Drumpf will want something done about it.

no one is above the law, right?

that's what they're saying about this ruling.

Edited by eddy

15 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

"filthy dirty"?    :headscratch:

Explain please.

Depending on where you stand politically some will attempt to describe legitimate tax avoidance as 'filthy dirty' tax evasion.

34 mins ago, fishinambition said:

He may be dirty.  Even if he is NOT the Dims/MSM will paint the picture to look that way.

Finding that he's got some dirt regarding how he accumulated wealth is probably in stark contrast to Biden, whom we all know is as honest as Abe and has earned every penny he has made.

;) 

9 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

Depending on where you stand politically some will attempt to describe legitimate tax avoidance as 'filthy dirty' tax evasion.

Of course they will.

10 mins ago, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

He may be dirty.  Even if he is NOT the Dims/MSM will paint the picture to look that way.

Finding that he's got some dirt regarding how he accumulated wealth is probably in stark contrast to Biden, whom we all know is as honest as Abe and has earned every penny he has made.

;) 

If you lived in NY your whole life you would know the best place to put that face of himself is on a “ wooden nickel “