flyangler

All the smartest people assured us opposing impeachment was kiss of death

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Jef Van Drew was vilified by the Left and his then fellow Dems for switching parties in the wake of the House vote on fauxpeachment. He was called all sorts of choice words and told his political career was over and the NJ GOP would never approve of a former Dem in a primary. Well, nutz on such predictions and those who say a Trump endorsement in a blue state is the kiss of death. 

Daily Caller:

House Rep Who Changed Parties After Trump Impeachment Wins Primary.

Republican Rep. Jeff Van Drew won his Republican primary Tuesday, beating his challenger, Bob Patterson, by over 60 points, The New York Times reported.

The race was first catapulted into the national spotlight when incumbent Van Drew announced that he was changing his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican in December 2019.

The switch came one day after the House of Representatives voted to impeach President Donald Trump. Van Drew was one of only two House Democrats to vote against both articles presented.

Van Drew’s switch was followed by a Trump endorsement, leaving Patterson as his only primary challenger. (RELATED: Staffers Bail On Anti-Impeachment Democrat Who Switched Parties)

Though Patterson described himself as the only candidate who more pro-life and pro-Trump, voters largely stuck with the incumbent.

New Jersey’s 2nd district leans Republican, according to the Cook Political Report, giving Van Drew a slight edge over Kennedy with less than four months until November.

Edited by tomkaz

10 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Trump was guilty of what he was impeached for.

the GOP is becoming a criminal enterprise subservient to Russia.

but hey you win some elections so it makes it all ok.

It's early, but you've taken first place in the most ridiculous troll of the day.  Good work.  :clap:

15 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

17 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Funny, but behind closed doors, under oath, all of the Obama folk said there was no evidence of any Russian collusion by Team Trump. 

Sorry Karen, but your side trumped up charges that even a couple of Dems could not vote for. 

15 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Funny, but behind closed doors, under oath, all of the Obama folk said there was no evidence of any Russian collusion by Team Trump. 

Sorry Karen, but your side trumped up charges that even a couple of Dems could not vote for. 

LOL Karen :hi5:

Posted (edited) · Report post

40 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

So Trump was guilty of making a compromise,  isn’t that what all politicians are suppose to do, get things done by making compromises if necessary?  Isn’t the greatest document in history,  The Constitution of the United States of America, called the great compromise? 

p.s.  sometimes I believe you say this wacko stuff just to see what kind of replies you’ll get. To be honest I sometimes do the same thing except my comments are based upon the law and rarely on my opinion.

Edited by Cayotica

30 mins ago, Cayotica said:

All the “Smartest people” huh?  Smartest by whose standards is all I want to know.

Well, how about The Dude, who told us repeatedly that he was never wrong, and the exiled himself just in time for all of his wrongness to become apparent?

1 hour ago, fish'nmagician said:

R

U

S

S

I

A

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u2.png

The People saw everything they needed to see to form an opinion and render a verdict. It was a sham from start to finish. I am not surprised that members of Team Genius still believe because they still believe that Miami will be underwater by 2010. LOL

Can anyone tell me which accusations made by leftists have panned out to be true ?

I loved the misleading Kennedy commercials a few weeks ago where she was attempting to lead viewers to conclude she was one of THE Kennedys ... slimy DIM tactics, but I expected nothing less.

59 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Well, how about The Dude, who told us repeatedly that he was never wrong, and the exiled himself just in time for all of his wrongness to become apparent?

I’m just one of Hillary’s deplorable(s) and I honestly don’t understand your reply at all.  Please clarify. 

1 hour ago, tomkaz said:

Sexist statement, given the recipient of your statement is binary, therefore must be referred to as Karken.

So from here on in we can tell they to mind their own Karken business.

2 hours ago, MikeM58 said:

It's early, but you've taken first place in the most ridiculous troll of the day.  Good work.  :clap:

everything that hurts your feelings is fake or a troll.....

so be it.