VitaminDee

Lamiglas GSB 1-3 vs Supersurf 2g PRO 1-3 comparison?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Looking for a new toy. Which would you choose and why? Mostly throwing light weight lures like spooks, SPs, pencil poppers under 3oz and the occasional bucktail. Open beach to backwaters and a few jetties are the main area of fishing.

Since you are mostly throwing aerodynamic lures the super surf would work great. I had the heavier 2-5oz version and it performed well throwing what you described. I also think the super surf will be better for spooks and bucktails because it’s a faster action. The GSB is better at working pencils but the super surf can do it fine so don’t let that be the deal breaker. 

1 hour ago, VitaminDee said:

which of the 2 blanks is lighter in weight? I couldn't find any specs for that anywhere. 

I think the super surf might be a tad lighter. 

The SuperSurf is a faster action blank in comparison to the GSB which is much more parabolic. For what you're planning to use it for I would prefer the SuperSurf. I prefer the SuperSurf because I like it's sensitivity and its faster action. If I was throwing eels or big metal lips or something like that I'd prefer the GSB.

23 mins ago, flydog777 said:

That is like half the calories but a full flavored beer!

Should have said that was the blank weight