Bernie12

Seattle held 'segregated' training session on 'undoing whiteness,'

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The City of Seattle held a racially segregated employee training session aimed at White staffers and instructing them on "undoing your own whiteness" in order to be held accountable by people of color, according to documents obtained by a public records request.

The session took place on June 12, as protesters took part in the so-called "Capitol Hill Organized Protest" in the Capitol Hill district.

One handout distributed in the session reportedly declared how “racism is not our fault but we are responsible." Another said White staffers must give up “the land” and their “guaranteed physical safety” in order to be an “accomplice” for racial justice.

“We’ll examine our complicity in the system of white supremacy – how we internalize and reinforce it – and begin to cultivate practices that enable us to interrupt racism in ways to be accountable to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) folks within our community,”

Those who attended the session were shown handouts, including one that encouraged them to cultivate “networks with other white people who are practicing antiracist accomplicehood so you can talk through your struggles in the work of undoing your own whiteness.”

In order to be considered “accomplices,” White employees must give up “comfort,” “guaranteed physical safety,” “expectations or presumptions of emotional safety,” “control over other people and over the land,” and “relationships with some other white people.”

Edited by Tom T
tried to fix

58 mins ago, Bernie12 said:

to be accountable to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) folks within our community,”

I will not be held accountable because of my color. That's racist.

38 mins ago, looney tunes said:

Inching ever closer

One of my all time favorite movies.  Everyone should be required to watch it.  

8 mins ago, FishermanTim said:

And she's probably never been laid....voluntarily. She probably gives guys roofies...to put in HER drinks, and it probably still didn't work.

I think that's a boy, looks like the one from two and a half men.

10 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I think that's a boy, looks like the one from two and a half men.

Same thing...."He/She" is showing his/her angry sex face, meant to end it as quickly as it started!