NEW Shimano Vanford

Rate this topic

Inshore

2 hours ago, Sstoryjr said:

Has anyone found the reel to be noisy? I took a look at 2 separate 3000 Vanfords and both had a loud bearing noise when spinning the handle. Sound was super annoying and I returned it. Was curious if anyone else’s were noisy

Burner account for Daiwa's vp of sales.

• 2 weeks later...
5 mins ago, Stopsign32v said:

Nice try

I’m just asking a question if anyone else had noticed this I tried two and I thought that they were a little noisy I have since handled others that were not noisy it’s OK to ask questions this is a forum. 

Edited by Sstoryjr

11 hours ago, KevansBacon said:

Did you notice a difference in castability with any of the new technology?

I strung my C2000 with 4# Maxima Ultra Green but haven't taken her afield as of yet.

I was throwing a shrimp with a small split shot remarkably well with a medium 7ft rod rated 8-17lb. The falcon coastal gulf popper.

(*member formerly known as 'Badtothebugs')

• 5 months later...

My vanford c5000 is very smooth, but I did experience roller bearing noise during higher tension reeling. I did find numerous examples online of similar noise on Shimano reels and daiwas. Also, some braids are more noisy than others in this regard from what I found. As the roller bearing broke in the noise became much less noticable. Does not appear to effect performance.