Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxfai

Looking for a launch site and can fish close to shoreline

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Odd ball question. I've been fishing a place down south of cape with a launch of my dingy and fish close to shore with an anchor. Looking for another place that is not much current and is fishable close to the shore line. 

Is there are such place? (hope boat ramp is not a spot burn)

Ramps and access are becoming bullseyes for crowding. I think most ramps are in rivers or protected bays that require a little trek to deeper and usually more productive water. You did not say what you are targeting but even most of that shallow water holds fish. Look at a map and find the ramps then research them. Have a backup plan too in case it is full or new restrictions in place. Some of my favorite launch sites have extremely limited parking. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, NHAngler said:

Ramps and access are becoming bullseyes for crowding. I think most ramps are in rivers or protected bays that require a little trek to deeper and usually more productive water. You did not say what you are targeting but even most of that shallow water holds fish. Look at a map and find the ramps then research them. Have a backup plan too in case it is full or new restrictions in place. Some of my favorite launch sites have extremely limited parking. Good luck. 

Thanks for the info. I usually go super early (5am) to launch and be done before noon to avoid idiots.