bob_G

Rumor has it

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

Is it really that hard to stay on topic and not inject unrelated politics into threads on this forum? I really do enjoy reading most of the posts here but some of you are just embarrassing. Give it up already, no one asked and no one wants to hear it....

1 hour ago, capequahog said:

Hard to get on board with this when burners and looters are allowed to walk everywhere

16 mins ago, b-ware said:

Good point John, also forgotten are the drug dealers killing this country with their poison, common criminals and corrupt politicians...…………………………….

Yea, you guys are right.  Now that we finally have the EPOs ears, we should give up, and go back to the old days. 

10 hours ago, T Chief said:

Very glad to hear this , now they need to confiscate their fishing equipment which was used in the act of the crime . GREAT NEWS 

AND THEIR VEHICLES !!! Can’t you just hear the conversation? We’re not taking MY truck, no.....no....eff that!

11 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

AND THEIR VEHICLES !!! Can’t you just hear the conversation? We’re not taking MY truck, no.....no....eff that!

Vehicle are very hard to seize, they must be titled and owned by the perp. and if they are financed through a bank or other lender the lender holds the title and is the legal owner.

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Vehicle are very hard to seize, they must be titled and owned by the perp. and if they are financed through a bank or other lender the lender holds the title and is the legal owner.

What he said.

although it is difficult to seize trucks, cars used in Poaching, they can still place a lien against them which has been done in the past as well as boats. They like in the past simply hold them until the liens are paid before releasing them back to the owners or those who are owed by a bank. That is how periodically they renew the boats and trucks they use out and about . The judge can make the fine large enough to not make it worth the poacher to pay it off. . Then they turn the trucks and cars into undercover units until they need repairs and then they auction them off , Well at least that is my recollection on how it was once done.

Wait. Were these rec fishermen poaching? No way. Wonder if this is why there is a meeting to possibly bring the comm guys back to the Canal. Guess they weren’t the only problem down there. Who knew. 

6 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Wait. Were these rec fishermen poaching? No way. Wonder if this is why there is a meeting to possibly bring the comm guys back to the Canal. Guess they weren’t the only problem down there. Who knew. 

Don't need commercial guys or poaching. If you fish for a living fine. No part timers harvesting PLEASE. Anybody can find a part time job if they need the $$. The resource is getting depleted no added pressure needed.

38 mins ago, Tailslap said:

The fish were commercial size so I vote comm poacher VS rec poacher

8 mins ago, ged said:

The fish were commercial size so I vote comm poacher VS rec poacher

Think they had under size, over size and too many. Believe  only one had any sort of fishing license.  Sounds like rec guys to me. The Brazilian s stacking and running  fish to waiting vehicles a little further west could be either or.

On 7/8/2020 at 6:41 PM, FoliFish said:

On the morning of Wednesday, July 8, 2020, the Massachusetts Environmental Police responded to a complaint regarding a group of individuals possibly poaching striped bass along the Cape Cod Canal and hiding the catch in a vehicle near the rail road bridge parking area in Buzzards Bay. Upon arrival to the scene, Officers observed a male carrying a striped bass towards the parking lot. The individual noticed the Officers and ran back towards the Canal, throwing the fish into the water. Officers pursued the individual who was ultimately placed in custody. 

A subsequent check of the vehicle revealed three additional striped bass - two of which were over the limit of 35-inches. Furthermore, two of the three fisherman in the group, including the one in custody, did not have a 2020 Saltwater Recreation Fishing permit.

The arrestee was charged with failure to display catch upon demand, possession of over the limit striped bass, and fishing without a salt water recreation permit.  The owner of the vehicle was issued a civil citation for possession of a striped bass larger than 35-inches and fishing without a saltwater recreation permit. Further charges may be pending.

The catch was seized and subsequently donated to the Plymouth Area Coalition. 

Striped bass fishermen are reminded that commercial striped bass fishing in the Canal is prohibited. If you are a commercial permit holder fishing recreationally, you are required to also obtain a recreational fishing permit. Persons recreational fishing for striped bass may not retain more than one striped bass and the fish must be a minimum of 28-inches to under 35-inches in length.

this is true, i was fishing while this happened and talked an officer after i was done fishing.  they said they only arrested him bc he ran.  shockingly the epo officer didnt check our fishing licenses.  Fishing was slow I was up at the canal for 3 days   

I'm not entirely convinced most of these guys are all that intimidated by law enforcement.

However, one time last summer I saw an EPO at Area51 with his international translator.    The international translator was a 75lb highly trained German Shepherd.    Having owned a lot of dogs in my life, you can tell the ones that are bored and I looking for something to do.  This dog obviously loved his job and was ready to go to work.   

That morning every person the EPO stopped got his full undivided attention.  It was all "yes sir, no sir" with one eye on the dog.  

15 mins ago, bob_G said:

I'm not entirely convinced most of these guys are all that intimidated by law enforcement.

However, one time last summer I saw an EPO at Area51 with his international translator.    The international translator was a 75lb highly trained German Shepherd.    Having owned a lot of dogs in my life, you can tell the ones that are bored and I looking for something to do.  This dog obviously loved his job and was ready to go to work.   

That morning every person the EPO stopped got his full undivided attention.  It was all "yes sir, no sir" with one eye on the dog.  

Would have liked to have seen that. No ATD with the doggie there. The handler must be much more comfortable with that back up there versus by yourself with a group that does not give a crap about the resource or the job the EPO's are trying to do.

1 min ago, K Foley said:

Would have liked to have seen that. No ATD with the doggie there. The handler must be much more comfortable with that back up there versus by yourself with a group that does not give a crap about the resource or the job the EPO's are trying to do.

Kevin,

I wanted to see some cretin poacher jump on a bike and make a run for it.  Over 100 yards that guy wouldn't have stood a chance.   Talk about a canal video moment. 

25 mins ago, bob_G said:

….   

So these guys are Intimidated by a dog, whose handler has absolutely no intention of releasing and harming them.

Then said guys are dumber than bricks.