rockyoutdoors

Old Friend Hit By Lighting.....Sad

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

I have not seen him in years. He was a good guy and always had a big smile on his face when he greeted you. I was watching the evening news just now and my jaw dropped when I saw his pic and his name. My heart goes out to his wife and kids.

GRANVILLE SUMMIT — Two men from southeastern Pennsylvania have been identified as the victims of a Monday afternoon lightning strike in Bradford County that injured two others.

Coroner Thomas M. Carman identified the deceased as Jason Gamba, 43, of Havertown, and Craig Kelemen, 34, of Philadelphia.

He said the two, along with John Maiale and his son Joseph Maiale, both of Franklin Square, N.Y., were working on the deer stand in an open field in Granville Twp. about 1:45 p.m. when what he called an aggressive storm with violent lightning hit.

All four sought shelter under a large wood platform that had a deer blind on top, he said.

Lightning struck the stand and traveled to an aluminum ladder. Gamba and Kelemen were in direct contact with the ladder at that moment, Carman said.

The Maiales were not touching either the ladder or Carman and Gamba, he said. They were treated at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre and released.

Sux man!   

RIP!!!!

Can't tell you how many close escapes from mother nature.

....and I respect the heck out of her too!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry to hear Rocky!

My brother met the same fate 35 years ago. While waterskiing.

He was 17!
As Dinghy said I hope it was instant. 

Edited by Markushook