DannyBoycustomleather

WTB Newell P229F In good condition

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would like to get my kid a Newell P229F, in good condition, I know it is the way to go for most of his boat fishing needs. I know a lot of you guys collect them, if your willing to part with one, please let me know.

thanks
Dan

Edited by DannyBoycustomleather
Spelling error

13 mins ago, DannyBoycustomleather said:

Gooch,

your 229-5, is it in good shape?

I expect it to need drag washers, and bearings, but does the clicker work?

how much do you need for it?

thanks

Dan

It is in great shape and the clicker works last used it for blackfish last season. Asking $140  PayPal will post some photos tomorrow.

Have the washers and bearings been changed at all? Pics would be great. I’m Specifically concerned about the reels stand.  It needs the clearance for a rods reel seat that has the trigger on it. The reel seat is narrow or flares. The reel seat requires the wider reel stand. See pic below, the stand I need is the top one in the image, almost squared off.

Thanks

Dan

9CB03F6B-2504-418B-A861-F1D342A586E4.jpeg

2 hours ago, rickhern said:

I have an S229 and 2 "no letter" 229s, very lightly used in boxes. $150 for the S, $175 for "no letter".

Rick

Does either model have a metal clicker switch? That’s why I originally started looking for the P229F, thinking the aluminum parts are stronger, then all the plastic? As well as the reel stand with more clearance. I am procrastinating on getting your S229 for $150. (Includes shipping, Fair price)

does it need washers and bearings? I assume they are original, “lightly” used, so a new washer stack is a good idea.?

Light use would lead me to believe “excellent condition”? 

thanks

Dan

8 hours ago, Gooch88 said:

It is in great shape and the clicker works last used it for blackfish last season. Asking $140  PayPal will post some photos tomorrow.

Goooch,

lots to chose from all of a sudden!  I guess I’m contingent on Pics of reel seat shape. I don’t want to play games with you guys, I will buy one , just not sure which one yet.

thanks

Dan

I’ve had it for a while moved lost the box. I can honestly say I never switched out anything kept her as is right out of the box decided to fish it last season I’ve chunked with it a couple of times and used it for bottom fishing for porgy seabass. All in all 20 outings. Painted the lettering red with a crayola marker turned pink might Not be interested after seeing it completely forgot about. Here are the photos and a small video of the clicker aswell. 

2749C8CA-6D57-47A2-9ECF-9958CBDF058E.jpeg

222996AE-5E90-4733-93C1-F062876D092A.jpeg

C6E268A5-B3D0-4E0E-9C6D-7C20A203F722.jpeg

603898E0-8272-46EF-B5C8-47E7051A9371.jpeg

0CB503D0-D09D-47C7-9EE3-13A2E55E3BCD.jpeg

IMG_0926.MOV

6 hours ago, DannyBoycustomleather said:

Goooch,

lots to chose from all of a sudden!  I guess I’m contingent on Pics of reel seat shape. I don’t want to play games with you guys, I will buy one , just not sure which one yet.

thanks

Dan

I like the models posted  above I haven’t seen any photos yet but all are good models especially the no letter. Good luck on your search i misplaced my p220f otherwise I would have posted it.

Edited by Gooch88

3 hours ago, Gooch88 said:

I like the models posted  above I haven’t seen any photos yet but all are good models especially the no letter. Good luck on your search i misplaced my p220f otherwise I would have posted it.

Goooch

when you find that 220 let me know, I got the Newell bug now and wont stop till I’m broke!

Dan