JaseB

Dr. Jordan B. Peterson update

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Just a brutal watch. Jordan is lucky he didn’t die when he stopped cold. His reactions, and the brain zaps and akathesia are common - the duration and intermittent return of effects are something he’s going to deal with likely well into the future. These prescribers are the “next“ dark  secret reveal of the medical community.

8 hours ago, phishallways said:

Just a brutal watch. Jordan is lucky he didn’t die when he stopped cold. His reactions, and the brain zaps and akathesia are common - the duration and intermittent return of effects are something he’s going to deal with likely well into the future. These prescribers are the “next“ dark  secret reveal of the medical community.

Can you elaborate on that last point a bit please?

It amazes me that he went on them in the first place. A super smart guy, articulate and passionate about how to deal with life and the psychology that goes with it.... he should’ve have been better prepared and monitored...

I’ll watch that later 

16 mins ago, ErikT said:

It amazes me that he went on them in the first place. A super smart guy, articulate and passionate about how to deal with life and the psychology that goes with it.... he should’ve have been better prepared and monitored...

I’ll watch that later 

You have to understand the man went from relative obscurity to becoming a public figure embroiled in some of the most decisive debate on the political stage almost overnight. That kind of shift and the the repercussions would be hard for even the most well grounded, mentally strong individual to handle.

I watched the video. He admittedly made some mistakes along the way but it seems as if most were somewhat justified. The Benzo reliance is what got him into trouble but he had that other condition that was unbearable...  he makes a good point about his listeners and followers questioning him about his credibility... he basically says if you wait to learn lessons from someone who hasn’t experienced flaws then you will be waiting a very long time...  kudos to him and his daughter for their efforts... not many of us would be able to do it. 

peace 

1 hour ago, Sandbar1 said:

You have to understand the man went from relative obscurity to becoming a public figure embroiled in some of the most decisive debate on the political stage almost overnight. That kind of shift and the the repercussions would be hard for even the most well grounded, mentally strong individual to handle.

i thought the breaking point was his wife health, wasn't she diagnosed with cancer?  not sure i didn't watch the interview

2 hours ago, ErikT said:

I’ll watch that later 

2 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

His wife was given a few months to live after a cancer diagnosis.   

33 mins ago, Sandflee said:

i thought the breaking point was his wife health, wasn't she diagnosed with cancer?  not sure i didn't watch the interview

Yes.

8 hours ago, JaseB said:

Can you elaborate on that last point a bit please?

What I’m saying is both Doctors and the psychiatric Industry have been over prescribing benzo class drugs for years, but it’s a dirty secret because so long as they keep writing the $cript$, you don’t have large scale community withdrawal issues. And there are the long term use risks JP mentions.  Keep in mind acute benzo withdrawal can kill you, or cause seizures. You heard Jordan’s daughter relate her experience in detox a year after her surgeries. People (poly-addiction) addicted to oxy or heroin say benzodiazepine withdrawal is far worse. . Of course not all people respond the same, but buyer beware. Jordan’s not the only one out there.

9 hours ago, Sandflee said:

Yes he certainly got hit from all angles at once. Its no wonder he cracked.