Shipwreck

New Jersey Closes WMA's

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Supposedly due to layoffs. Meanwhile except for law enforcement  FGW does zero maintenance on most of those areas. Prob. hoping they get enough complaints that they are allowed to hire back. 

Looks like a good year for state tax hikes, license fee increases, & maybe to push through a salt water license. The public can pay with there federal covid checks!

I bet they will have staff to kick you out.  Seriously what staff is needed on the Ken Lockwood Gorge?  What staff do you see at the Stone Tavern Boat Ramp?  The Shotgun Range, never even seen anyone on it.  This has nothing to do with staffing.

7 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

I bet they will have staff to kick you out.  Seriously what staff is needed on the Ken Lockwood Gorge?  What staff do you see at the Stone Tavern Boat Ramp?  The Shotgun Range, never even seen anyone on it.  This has nothing to do with staffing.

I just read about this on the book of faces. They are saying you will be charged with trespassing if you're caught.  

8 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

Same thing with Prospertown in Jackson. All the times i've been there I never once saw anyone overseeing the boat ramp.  Murphy does nothing but hold sportsmen in contempt.

Same old typical bull**** in NJ! They just renovated a bunch of the gun ranges and now you can't even use them! And zero staff is needed to maintain most all these places! 

Just gotta hurt the people of NJ any way they can. SMH

Posted (edited) · Report post

All the liberals who voted this clown in are getting what they asked for.... although I'm guessing many of his constituency have never stepped foot in a WMA, or maybe not even know what one is!

Edited by JimK

1 hour ago, JimK said:

All the liberals who voted this clown in are getting what they asked for.... although I'm guessing many of his constituency have never stepped foot in a WMA, or maybe not even know what one is!

Your sentences are contradicting each other.

I have never seen “staff” at these places but I’m sure they are there now to enforce this ridiculous policy. 

5 mins ago, levari said:

Your sentences are contradicting each other.

Not really . . . he used "although" . . . creating an alternative thought.

54 mins ago, cartopper said:

Not really . . . he used "although" . . . creating an alternative thought.

His post starts with “All the liberals who voted this clown in are getting what they asked for....“.
The “although” and what follows is the contradiction.

Regardless the first sentence is false since it is clear that not ALL the liberals give a crap about boat ramps or rifle ranges. 

Edited by levari

5 hours ago, richie c said:

Murphy does nothing but hold sportsmen in contempt.

4 hours ago, JimK said:

All the liberals who voted this clown in are getting what they asked for....

All Gov. P F  did was mandate state layoffs from all depts. because covid shutdowns reeking havoc on the state budget. As I said get ready for tax hikes across the board. Prop.,income, & sales because he's got the excuse he needed.

The closures are F&G's fault & sportsmen's.

F&G because they let themselves be absorbed into the states general funds when they became part of the DEP. hoping for an increase in funding. It's also how they lost control of setting wildlife seasons like the bear hunt.

Sportsmen's fault because they'll spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars on gear for their sport but whine like little bitches if a license or stamp goes up a buck or 2!

4 hours ago, levari said:

His post starts with “All the liberals who voted this clown in are getting what they asked for....“.
The “although” and what follows is the contradiction.

Regardless the first sentence is false since it is clear that not ALL the liberals give a crap about boat ramps or rifle ranges. 

Whatever, I understood exactly what he meant in considering two separate point of views  . .  . sorry it was so complicated for you.:laugh:

Edited by cartopper