mybeach

Hey bigfish - check in

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

I’m hanging in there.....taking my meds and taking it easy for the most part. Gotten out for a few early morning  half hearted fresh water attempts, even with sunblock the sun is torching me due to the antibiotics I’m on so I’m back early. 

I cant do half the crap I want to, still haven had a cigarette and I’m just glad to be home. I’ve got a bunch of appointments over the next few weeks, another echocardiogram in early August to see if the infection on my heart valve is cleared up or not, if not it sounds like surgery.

Im off for 6 weeks..... it’s gonna be a long six weeks, I haven’t missed more than a week of work in 25 years, between not smoking, trying to cut my drinking in half and generally not being allowed to do much..... I’m losing my mind already and it’s only been a week.

Stay strong and stay positive. Think about all the money you are saving now by not smoking and cutting back on the alcohol. Now you have more money for hookers and blow. There is always a silver lining buddy you just have to look for it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

55 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

I’m hanging in there.....taking my meds and taking it easy for the most part. Gotten out for a few early morning  half hearted fresh water attempts, even with sunblock the sun is torching me due to the antibiotics I’m on so I’m back early. 

I cant do half the crap I want to, still haven had a cigarette and I’m just glad to be home. I’ve got a bunch of appointments over the next few weeks, another echocardiogram in early August to see if the infection on my heart valve is cleared up or not, if not it sounds like surgery.

Im off for 6 weeks..... it’s gonna be a long six weeks, I haven’t missed more than a week of work in 25 years, between not smoking, trying to cut my drinking in half and generally not being allowed to do much..... I’m losing my mind already and it’s only been a week.

Hey Man, 

This is all 100% positive.  Make sure you see it that way and not "whoa is me".   you should be proud of the steps you are taking.  

Or you can just say, better to loose my mind than my life.

We don't need to loose any more good men in the Tavern this year.  We'll start to look like the cop spitting ATIFA losers in the PG. 

Edited by JaseB

2 hours ago, JaseB said:

Hey Man, 

This is all 100% positive.  Make sure you see it that way and not "whoa is me".   you should be proud of the steps you are taking.  

Or you can just say, better to loose my mind than my life.

We don't need to loose any more good men in the Tavern this year.  We'll start to look like the cop spitting ATIFA losers in the PG. 

Yup, count your blessings.

3 hours ago, bigfish4me said:

I’m hanging in there.....taking my meds and taking it easy for the most part. 

How are you feeling physically?

3 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Stay strong and stay positive. Think about all the money you are saving now by not smoking and cutting back on the alcohol. Now you have more money for hookers and blow. There is always a silver lining buddy you just have to look for it.

I'm still looking for all the money I saved when I quit smoking. Lol

Keep up the good work, big. :th:

3 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

All is good and thanks for the well wishes fellas 

If you're trying to keep that heart rate down don't go to D-ville. The ****ing greenheads will have you running for your life right now. 

Glad you're doing ok. 

23 hours ago, MikeMc said:

I'm still looking for all the money I saved when I quit smoking. Lol

Keep up the good work, big. :th:

Pork neck bones are pricey and they oversell you. Plus steaks!