XBMX

automatically going to last post

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

If you have already read a thread and then new posts are added, it should take you directly to the first new unread post.

If there is a thread that has multiple posts, an dyou actually read only the first few on a page,, but don;t scrool down and read the rest, and the new posts after that are on a second (or 3rd, or 4th) page of a thread. it will take you to the first new post. But what is considered "read" to the computer is any existing post on a page at the time you read the thread. It has no way of knowing you only read down to post 7, and didn't continue to read posts 8-9-10, so it takes you to the first NEW post after you closed the page.

You can go to the first post in a thread by clicking on the << arrow in a multiple page thread. Normal behavior is to go to the first post you haven’t read yet if you click on the thread title. If you are in a thread already and want to get to the first post, click the << arrow :)

I am having the same issue, its going to the last post on topic I just opened for the first time .

I keep thinking I am doing something wrong  or have a setting wrong, but I can not seem to find the problem.

Sorry I post the same issue above before I saw this posting.

I'm having the same problem, but different, ... I'll go to a thread I've read and/or posted in and it goes first to next new post after mine. But if the thread goes to another page, when I click on the next page number, it goes to the bottom of the next page and then I have to scroll up and start reading.

11 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

I'm having the same problem, but different, ... I'll go to a thread I've read and/or posted in and it goes first to next new post after mine. But if the thread goes to another page, when I click on the next page number, it goes to the bottom of the next page and then I have to scroll up and start reading.

Saw the exact same thing yesterday a number of times.

23 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Kinda the same for me.  I hit the next page button after reading 2-4 pages and it takes me to the bottom of that next page.

I have seen what everyone is reporting but more. I just went to the Forum Photo digital etc a forum I have never been in and when I open topics it does not start at #1. This has been going on forever.

same issue for me, go to next page and I see the last post on the page, have to scroll up. Win 10, Microsoft Edge browser.

Just checked, Chrome works.

Edited by Ed White
Added info