coolhandfluke

roadkill. ok show to pass the time

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

not a bad job.   take a junk car or truck, build it up some so they can attempt to drive it 1500 miles. the one guy is or was the editor of hot rod magazine and also four-wheeling.

but it seems the other dude has more hands on knowledge.

the one episode the went into a junk yard found an old chevy pick up, got it running, rebuilt the brake system, did some wiring, put new tires on it, fabricated gas cans in the bed with a pump as the fuel tank.

drove it 21 miles to find out the motor was shot and would not make the trip they planned.

Just now, coolhandfluke said:

not a bad job.   take a junk car or truck, build it up some so they can attempt to drive it 1500 miles. the one guy is or was the editor of hot rod magazine and also four-wheeling.

but it seems the other dude has more hands on knowledge.

the one episode the went into a junk yard found an old chevy pick up, got it running, rebuilt the brake system, did some wiring, put new tires on it, fabricated gas cans in the bed with a pump as the fuel tank.

drove it 21 miles to find out the motor was shot and would not make the trip they planned.

Dam, i almost just fell asleep standing. 

I like the ranchero episode where they drive it to Alaska to ice race.  They used to all be on YouTube for free but when they started their own streaming service they pulled them all.

AAD9632F-6D58-4001-B2E9-ACDEB264AF31.jpeg

45 mins ago, ByronPA said:

I'm glad I have a life..

oh stop. everyone has some down time in the evening.

i am your way alot on the harley.  

1 hour ago, mybeach said:

It's OK, but Finnegan's Garage is better.

The Steve Magnante show Junkyard Gold is a good one. He also hosted a short lived  Hot Rod  magazine show several yrs back. Took an old Slant 6 Duster and tuned it up to run 15.50 1/4'.  He'  the most knowledgeable car guy on TV right now

I like the show. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them tow a boat with a pick up to the launch, then take the motor out of the truck and put it in the boat. Then swap it back to go home. Crazy!