Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

I cant remember the size

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

I had a really nice marine cooler that skipped town along with both my waffle irons and I want to order another one in that size. All I remember is that it just barely fit in the backseat of my jeep. How many quarts might that be.

True story, I was on north beach back when the minimum fluke was 16.5, got checked by a ranger and he said my fish was short (it shrunk to just below minimum i swear). I said i measured it there's no way it's short, but I didnt have any tape or anything with numbers on it. So naturally he asks how i could have measured it. I said, with a piece of paper. Dont ask why i had paper with me, i dont recall. So he goes how the hell did you measure it with paper? Simple I said, it's 8 and a half by 11. Fold it in half and there's 5.5. 11+5.5=16.5. He laughs and says nice job, enjoy your fish.

The old-school 70 qt. Igloo cooler is about 30" wide, so I'd guess somewhere between 70 and 140 quarts. 

I just looked a the new Igloo marine coolers, the "Leeward", wow are they fancy and pricey. Who knew you needed armor and bumpers on your cooler. Pure marketing BS. 

I'd guess the 124 qt. Iglood Leeward (35" wide) would be a good size for the rear seat of a Wrangler. 

2 mins ago, fishinambition said:

True story, I was on north beach back when the minimum fluke was 16.5, got checked by a ranger and he said my fish was short (it shrunk to just below minimum i swear). I said i measured it there's no way it's short, but I didnt have any tape or anything with numbers on it. So naturally he asks how i could have measured it. I said, with a piece of paper. Dont ask why i had paper with me, i dont recall. So he goes how the hell did you measure it with paper? Simple I said, it's 8 and a half by 11. Fold it in half and there's 5.5. 11+5.5=16.5. He laughs and says nice job, enjoy your fish.

That's brilliant, and yet you can't figure what size cooler fits in the back seat of your jeep?

1 min ago, Billybob said:

That's brilliant, and yet you can't figure what size cooler fits in the back seat of your jeep?

Clearly not a Harvard graduate... He should have kept the waffle irons & cooler and thrown away the Jeep.