Sandflee

Tall Tales of the Tavern

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

I think this is a Thread long overdue, please feel free to contribute as you see fit. no need to mention the Author of such fairy tales

"One evening we get on the topic of crime and firearms and she shows us her unlicensed pistol, with no serial number, that Daddy had given her before leaving for the Big Apple. She had been carrying it in her purse for two years. 

After we told her about the trouble she could get in for having it in NYC, she got up at the next stop and threw it out of the train into the bushes. I think it was the Merillon Ave. Station. "

2 mins ago, Sandflee said:

I think this is a Thread long overdue, please feel free to contribute as you see fit. no need to mention the Author of such fairy tales

"One evening we get on the topic of crime and firearms and she shows us her unlicensed pistol, with no serial number, that Daddy had given her before leaving for the Big Apple. She had been carrying it in her purse for two years. 

After we told her about the trouble she could get in for having it in NYC, she got up at the next stop and threw it out of the train into the bushes. I think it was the Merillon Ave. Station. "

Your hatred of such a great man is very dishonorable. :dismay: 

4 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

Your hatred of such a great man is very dishonorable. :dismay: 

hatred is a strong word

he's entertaining in a storyteller kinda way

This is absolutely true. Doug and Amy eventually married and moved back to West Virginia where Daddy has a successful car dealership. There were at least five witnesses to this event. It sounds crazy and is - our jaws dropped when it happened, but she had a couple beers at the time. She did tell us that her and Doug went back that evening looking for it but couldn’t find it. It was untraceable, so they left it at that. 

That’s all I’m going to say about this. 

Dick.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

If Sandflee's brains were made of gunpowder, and an inadvertent sneeze were accidentally to detonate them, the resultant explosion would not be big enough to disarrange his hair. :th:

Edited by Belmo

Flea, this is nothing, I have stuff I could tell you that would make your toes curl. 

Im sorry you’ve lived a sheltered life where the biggest thrill you’ve had was swapping beers and a newspapers for bait. Maybe your mommy can tell you some hair raising stories. 

It has begun. :howdy:

The trailer is built, and I got the dual hitch/bike racky thingy, and took it for a spin around the block today.

The next step, which I will start tomorrow, if the dew point drops below 900, is to build the floor. I'm done working outside today -- it's too freaking hot -- but I will finish the tentative design and do a mockup of the interior. I can do all that inside, in the a.c., and thrn get after it in the morning.

I still have a zillion decisions to make. One of them is the bike rack: I can leave it as is, or I can move the hitch rack to the front (I got a hitch up there too) to make room for a trailer box outside the sleeping cabin. I will probably leave it the way it is, but I want to see what the bike rack looks like up front before I make a final decision. 

Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes this way.

1 min ago, woowoo2 said:

The trailer is built, and I got the dual hitch/bike racky thingy, and took it for a spin around the block today.

The next step, which I will start tomorrow, if the dew point drops below 900, is to build the floor. I'm done working outside today -- it's too freaking hot -- but I will finish the tentative design and do a mockup of the interior. I can do all that inside, in the a.c., and thrn get after it in the morning.

I still have a zillion decisions to make. One of them is the bike rack: I can leave it as is, or I can move the hitch rack to the front (I got a hitch up there too) to make room for a trailer box outside the sleeping cabin. I will probably leave it the way it is, but I want to see what the bike rack looks like up front before I make a final decision. 

:snr:

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

Blome and Wayne will dominate this thread for sure

Edited by Sandflee

28 mins ago, Sandflee said:

I thought everyone in NYC has one. :headscratch:

2 mins ago, Billybob said:

Belmo banged Alice when he was in Hollywood, or was it Hazel?

Alice as in Cramden.